HMS Amagenon, a mojo buster, i hope!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Finished to the main mast but leaving the yards ( correct name?? ) Until ready to prime, incase I knock the buggers off! Bit more complex this time. Railings to add on the searchlight platform
20230221_135905.jpg20230221_135840.jpg20230221_135613.jpg20230221_135613_resized.jpg
Need more practice with the railings next time, one side is slightly longer than the other side, nuts!!

Otherwise I think I am finally getting there with PE, feel more confident, until the more complex bits lol. Will have to spray at low pressure just incase I blow the pe off!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
WELL done Bob MATEY that p/e is lookin good see you can do it
chrisb
Cheers Chris, better, ship by shop!!
Dont stress over a gnats c@#k Bob your pe work is MORE than acceptable keep up the good work.
Thanks Mark, appreciated!
Looks excellent Bob, very competently handled build. PE holds no more terrors….
Thank you Tim, not so sure about the terrors, the Big Ed set for the Bismarck is getting me shaking already lol

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The night buoy from what ive read is fitted with a calcium light ,a lid is unscrewed when put in the water, the water ignites the light which burn for about 30 mins.
The modern equivalent is the plastic life ring fitted with high intensity strobe lights, that are activated by seawater. They're usually on the bridge level, on either side & have a quick release for dropping. All very well, but someone had to see you go over! In the MN, you often went on deck by yourself, at night, and you wouldn't be missed for quite a while - not a pleasant thought!
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Almost ready for primer, my god how many ships boats were needed! Took a few hrs, finally got round to being organised. Used my new IKEA storage pots, 3 for £1.50!
20230222_171832.jpg
The numbers on the bits of paper are the boats location on the ship according to the plans, next how on earth to paint them AND what bl**dy colours. Why do they not follow Tamiya and use call out no's on the plans, not a clue listed. Are they white with red bums, wood decks, or like the ship dark sea grey??? I assume white?

Added the anchors, rudder and night floats. Leaving off props. The superstructure is going to be a pain as it has to painted in sections, aarghh

My biggest mistake, should have fitted the torpedo net booms LAST, one broken by me. One to remember
20230222_153057.jpg20230222_153149.jpg20230222_153213.jpg
By strange coincidence a new book on British battlecruisers arrived and in a wallet in the inside of the rear hardcover were plans for my favourite battlecruiser, Queen Mary and yes a night float
20230222_154703.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I have a much better.... If not cheap way of getting storage pots like that....

.... Semi regular orders from my local curry house!!

Looking very good though!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Let me guess that lovely ratia ( spelt wrong lol ) sauce
Bouldn't possibly say my dear Bob!!......suffice to say I had a clear out of our plastic 'pot' drawer last week. We kept about 25 but Junior threw away a similar number - admittedly acquired over many years! Oh and plastic tubs from your average Chinese take away are even more versatile! I use them to store my 1/72 wargaming models!! :smiling5:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ferrero Rocher boxes (several sizes) are stackable and versatile, come with an inner tray that's perfect for paint mixes, and ....the original contents are delicious!
Steve

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ferrero Rocher boxes (several sizes) are stackable and versatile, come with an inner tray that's perfect for paint mixes, and ....the original contents are delicious!
Steve
Good shout that man!! Now, what was this thread all about???? ;)

Sorry Bob....:disappointed2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob think Chris has converted you to a floaty alright. The mast is great along with the rest of the ship .
Are you going to be allowed to have this in the house on display?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Steve
YES Steve i'll second that the content are lovly by my waist line OH DEAR have to cut down i suppoce
Bob think Chris has converted you to a floaty alright. The mast is great along with the rest of the ship .
Are you going to be allowed to have this in the house on display?
AN yes John he is now one of us he is converted to the dark side an he is stronger now with the dark side of the floaty force in him as its so easy to slip to the dark side an there will hopefully be more i think MARK ONE is slippin in to this dark side as well wont be long till we have you all on to the dark side Ooooooohhhhhhhhh look out lol
chrisb

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
YES Steve i'll second that the content are lovly by my waist line OH DEAR have to cut down i suppoce

AN yes John he is now one of us he is converted to the dark side an he is stronger now with the dark side of the floaty force in him as its so easy to slip to the dark side an there will hopefully be more i think MARK ONE is slippin in to this dark side as well wont be long till we have you all on to the dark side Ooooooohhhhhhhhh look out lol
chrisb
MATRON! Break out the bulk supplies of antidote! :tongue-out:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bouldn't possibly say my dear Bob!!......suffice to say I had a clear out of our plastic 'pot' drawer last week. We kept about 25 but Junior threw away a similar number - admittedly acquired over many years! Oh and plastic tubs from your average Chinese take away are even more versatile! I use them to store my 1/72 wargaming models!! :smiling5:
Did you fill a large recycling sack lol !!!