• Start date

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just my thing Christopher.
Great painting , are they plaster kits , I can see the bases are scratched
Love to know more about the whole set up please.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely brick and stone work Christopher. Coloration and texture is spot on.

D

Deleted member 8703

Thank you for your comments. All of these kits are plaster. They are from Downtown Deco. I love these kits so much I have 30 more to build. I use a foam base. I use hydrocal plaster for the building foundations. I paint the base black then add AK asphalt to simulate the streets and parking lots. The sidewalks are also offered by Downtown Deco. All the plaster is sprayed using a white primer. As for the structures, I use water based paints bought at a local hobby store. The colors are watered down. Using a brush, I run the color over the castings until I get the desired look. I use three different colored paints on each building. I weather the buildings using either raw or burnt sienna. These buildings have not been weathered yet. I use my air brush for all the details on the structures as well as the doors and windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8703

I am going to make additional sections. The next one will have a car dealership, laundromat and theatre. A portion of the road will be under construction.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I love these Downtown Deco kits too, it’s a shame they aren’t available here in the UK - I bought the Front Street set (which I see in the back ground) years ago and paid nearly the same in postage and tax as the cost of the kit.