"Horror" The Base.......so far...

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Got a bit burned out on doing figures and such, plus my supply wagon kit got nixed so had to find another seller but this time it should come in soon. Needed to start visualizing scenario so I started work on base, even on this 20 in x 30 in board it seems like a tight fit with all I want to do, but that's ok

because reference pic is a bit cluttered anyhow.

Hope you like the progress so far:smiling3:

falaiseescapecorridor.jpg

100_5852.JPG

100_5853.JPG

100_5854.JPG

100_5855.JPG

100_5856.JPG

100_5857.JPG

100_5858.JPG

100_5859.JPG

100_5860.JPG

100_5861.JPG

100_5862.JPG

100_5863.JPG

100_5864.JPG

100_5865.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is looking good,oh wow,that's ,big, :smiling3:

but as the ref pic,show,that how it was when a column got hit,

what a real shame,about the supply wagon kit getting nixed,sod them,:eek::confused:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
this is looking good,oh wow,that's ,big, :smiling3:
but as the ref pic,show,that how it was when a column got hit,

what a real shame,about the supply wagon kit getting nixed,sod them,:eek::confused:
Thanks Monica, supply wagon should be here soon enough, won't be able to collect any soil for a little while yet even though we've had a very mild and practically snow free winter!

You gotta love that global warming:D Wounded guy on stretcher is an old Italeri figure. I grount and sanded his mid section to where it looked like his bare belly, then I used tissue paper and diluted white glue to simulate his clothes being torn back exposing wound to be treated. Bandaging scratch made {one of my creative moments} Want this one to really capture the grit and gore of it all to the best of my ability......................Jim:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
your doing a great job of this so far looks great,

liking it alot,and very good impersonation as well altering figures, ;)

I will be glad when summer is over hear,hate the heat,it not over higt temps,but the sun just has so much heat to it,

even being 24 or so just seams alot hotter than it it is,:confused:

you should always keep half a bucket of dirt in the shed so you don't get hold up on it,:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 4539

Some great work going into this Jim.

The start of the base really gives a sense of what you are going to achieve. :smiling3:

First Name
Robert
This is looking very good and very BIG too....... This is going to be stupendous when complete

Regards

Robert

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
That's looking good already Jim I can't wait until all the mud goes on it will really transform it
Thanks much Ian, I really need to get everything else basically built and planned exactly where it all needs to go including major debris etc... before laying out the goo.

Still a couple of kits need to be acquired, more figures:oops: .......I'm getting exhausted just thinking about it...............Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
This is looking very good and very BIG too....... This is going to be stupendous when complete
Regards

Robert
Thanks Robert, I might be sent packing with the whole kit and kaboodle if I keep this up:D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Some great work going into this Jim.
The start of the base really gives a sense of what you are going to achieve. :smiling3:
Thanks Ralph, was starting to go a bit stale, so needed to get basic shape of base done to get my mo-jo back, back ordered-kits giving me a pain as it slows my momentum.

I guess I'll just do a bit of tweaking on existing elements already built until new stuff arrives via post....Thanks to all for your interest in my project...........Cheers...Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Stuart
Wow Jim this is going to be epic .

It all looks so good and can't wait to see it all come together.

I didn't realise you were building such a large dio as I only caught one part of the thread.

Stu

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Got some base work done and tweaked wagon and wounded gunner a bit. Veg is only at "carpeting" stage, have plenty of little tid-bits to gradually get it to how I'd like it to look.

Veg will be toned down and dirtied and burnt in spots (especially around shell bursts and burnt vehicles) you know me always the dark one:rolleyes: Figure I'll finish 'top tier' and work my way down and back.

That would be easiest as most detail will be down in sunken roadway. Pretty much caught up with initial outdoors stuff (for now) Hope to finish up in next few weeks so as to start SIG build...... Thanks for your kind attention.......Jim:smiling3:

100_6352.JPG

100_6353.JPG

100_6354.JPG

100_6355.JPG

100_6350.JPG

100_6338.JPG

100_6339.JPG

100_6340.JPG

100_6341.JPG

100_6342.JPG

100_6343.JPG

100_6344.JPG

100_6345.JPG

100_6347.JPG

100_6346.JPG

100_6348.JPG

100_6351.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking great Jim, :smiling3:

I do real like your moss / grass,is that a real type of moss ?

liking how your doing this with the tanks moving above the carish below,very well done, ;)

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Got some base work done and tweaked wagon and wounded gunner a bit. Veg is only at "carpeting" stage, have plenty of little tid-bits to gradually get it to how I'd like it to look.
Veg will be toned down and dirtied and burnt in spots (especially around shell bursts and burnt vehicles) you know me always the dark one:rolleyes: Figure I'll finish 'top tier' and work my way down and back.

That would be easiest as most detail will be down in sunken roadway. Pretty much caught up with initial outdoors stuff (for now) Hope to finish up in next few weeks so as to start SIG build...... Thanks for your kind attention.......Jim:smiling3:
This is looking superb Jim,the detail is fantastic it all looks so real.

This will look amazing when it's all done .

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
looking great Jim, :smiling3:
I do real like your moss / grass,is that a real type of moss ?

liking how your doing this with the tanks moving above the carish below,very well done, ;)
Thanks Monica, yeah, it's real moss from woods not 50 yards from house. Also have some HO scale foam 'grass' and some 'Woodland Scenics' shrubbery of sorts along with some roots to play with.

Once it's basically put together I always stand back and see if the colors are blending in a natural way and make adjustments until I feel all is right. Lots of debris and detritus of war to start planning

out. this is the fun part...finally:oops: :smiling3: ...............Jim;)

First Name
barry
Looking brilliant now all the elements are coming together Jim ,i see by the last pic the base is getting your DARKER tradmark .

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks folks, will keep plodding along;)............Jim:smiling3:

L

Leighbo

Excellent base work, looks very realistic especially the grass bank, can't wait to see it completed