grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Ral

\ said:
Excellent work Jim.
I do like the shell holes,
Thanks Ralph, of course some rockets and or rounds would miss their mark, I'd be remiss if I didn't take that into account. Still very much to be done, will try to keep a somewhat steady pace

but NEVER do I hurry. Nice having you along.......Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Ral

\ said:
Excellent work Jim.
I do like the shell holes,
Thanks Ralph, of course some rockets and or rounds would miss their mark, I'd be remiss if I didn't take that into account. Still very much to be done, will try to keep a somewhat steady pace

but NEVER do I hurry. Nice having you along.......Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys, well I've decided to add yet another major element :oops::rolleyes: found a spot that seemed a bit too open so I'm going to fill it with something I've thought of doing before but decided not to

so as not to clutter dio. It will be a dramatic addition showing the full force and fury of such an air attack:eek:.....Stay tuned;)..........Jim:smiling3:

A

american

This is going to be great! I am going to keep an eye on this great dio!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking suitably grim and gruesome Jim, got to say this is coming along very nicely.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Oh boy :/ , just when I was very comfortable with site every thing changes :S seems not to be fully worked out at time of this post (like the little faces though 9_9 )

Guess I'll just work on dio for a few days and give things a chance to work themselves out. I just hope when all is said and done we don't lose any of the ease of navigation

and features of the site we all enjoy. Being an oldster change is not easily accepted but one must change when there is no alternative.

I do have full confidence in our mods to get things right though. Will check back in a few days, meanwhile hoping for the best. :/ ...........Jim :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
just wanted to see if this function worked

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
so I guess we can no longer copy and paste images, oh well there goes one enjoyable feature gone :sad:  please correct me if I am wrong :$

Grumpa,

Love the work to date.

Is the M3 commander's helmet accurate (I must admit the figure looks very similar to Tamiya's M2 Bradley c/o) I thought the bulged 'cans' over the ears where post war.

Tom

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Prompted by yourself, I take no offence, after all historical accuracy is very important especially when one is attempting to create a depiction of a historical event.

Please do not feel contrite, after all you were correct. I feel it is all a learning curve and I appreciate your kind attention to my project.

How are you coming along with your Puma? Always one of my favorites. Please feel free to comment on any of my work as I value greatly any and all comments, I won't say good or bad for I feel any comment that helps me to learn more about any particular subject is always helpful.......Cheers...Jim :smiling3:

Grumpa,

I've no Puma on the go (thinking about it I've never made one...yet). The way you've made the destroyed vehicles for your dio is simply fantastic. Do you have any in-build posts for them?

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Grumpa,

I've no Puma on the go (thinking about it I've never made one...yet). The way you've made the destroyed vehicles for your dio is simply fantastic. Do you have any in-build posts for them?

Tom

Sorry about the mistake Tom, (senior moment I'm afraid) but any way if you were to go to the 'Dioramas under construction' forum you would see several threads concerning the building of this diorama under the "Horror" threads which I'm sure will bring you up to date on my current project. Though progress has been painfully slow due to extensive seasonal work required for sheer survival in my wilderness environs I am on the way to finishing up by summer. One thing about my work is that I will always put off expediting completion for the sake of completion and always strive for my own artistic satisfaction that it is the best interpretation of what I am trying to convey that I can possibly achieve. I deeply appreciate your interest in this particular piece and welcome your comments..........Jim :smiling3: