"horror" The Falaise Gap

P

Polux

Ok! Let's go :smiling3:

Nice work so far on the animals and soldiers. I love the damaged german vehicle as well ;)

F

Fenlander

I admire your ambition in doing this project. It is not going to be comfortable viewing though.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I admire your ambition in doing this project. It is not going to be comfortable viewing though.
When was war ever comfortable? Besides, it's just a diorama:rolleyes: Thanks for your kind attention.........Jim:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb work so far Jim, and we shouldn't be afraid to show the dirty, mangled and inhumane side-good for you mate.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Superb work so far Jim, and we shouldn't be afraid to show the dirty, mangled and inhumane side-good for you mate.
Thanks Si, the Missus says I'm morbid but I have to be very emotionally inspired to do a real dio any more. The collection is already quite large and it's a real pain in the a** to keep it all dusted.

Will take my time as always and really try to be as meticulous as possible in portraying the darkness and terribleness of it all. Will try to post progress weekly.

OH!....am getting this kit to add to the dio, sadly it won't look as nice as the box art and those poor horses an soldiers:sad::oops:.................Cheers!.............Jim:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

\ said:
When was war ever comfortable? Besides, it's just a diorama:rolleyes: Thanks for your kind attention.........Jim:smiling3:
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it Jim, far from it.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it Jim, far from it.
No worries, never thought that for a moment. I appreciate your following along:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice start Jim,liking it so far,and yes it was that and so much more, ;)

First Name
Robert
Fantastic start.

Hell has never been sugar coated and war well that's just hell on earth

Or was it on Jims bench?

Robert

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
very nice start Jim,liking it so far,and yes it was that and so much more, ;)
Thanks Monica, if you look closely at the horses manes you will see that I used some real fur from an old hat to recreate a matted and mangled effect

as the molded in and plastic add on manes just didn't cut it imo. They will stand out more once they're dry brushed and highlighted in the end..................Jim:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yes you did can see once you pointed it out,a lot better looking than a plastic one,and which the cob,type one

they do have like a mohawk of manes ;)

D

demon

Looking very realistic and it's a very difficult subject but I know you will pull it off well

Lest we forget is the way I look at it

Roger

D

Deleted member 4539

Some real great work going into this.

We all know the horror's of war and it is good to see you are not shying away from it.

If people are offended by it,then I think you have achieved what is being portrayed.

keep up the good work.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great added detail to the wreckage,never an easy one to try and copy,some think been

hit with a shell,your doing a great job of it, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
great added detail to the wreckage,never an easy one to try and copy,some think been
hit with a shell,your doing a great job of it, ;)
Thanks Monica, crumpled 'metal' is a wine bottle cork wrapping, saved it along time ago now I know why.

This one has me going so I will be moving on it ,not to rush of course but because I'm enjoying it so much, besides it's winter now so.....

The family sees me as a kind of mad scientist hunched over my diabolical creation in my lab [card table] :D

Now I'm being seduced by the notion of going BIG!:rolleyes: Presently I am looking at a 11in.x19in. working surface BUT, am looking real hard at a 17in.x29in. board:eek::oops:

Want to bring in some advancing American soldiers awestruck by the carnage and trying to lend some humanitarian assistance.

Let's see... a Sherman....a halftrack [M3] need more figures maybe a big German cat [wrecked of course] Somebody stop me!.............Cheers Jim:smiling3: