Ian M's Mosquito Mk VI ,Tamiya 1/48 (Papa 695's Mossie GB).

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Beautiful build and beautiful aircraft. Remember walking around and watching the one that was based at Hatfield BAe Establishment when I worked there many moons ago.
Mike

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Beautiful build and beautiful aircraft. Remember walking around and watching the one that was based at Hatfield BAe Establishment when I worked there many moons ago.
Mike
Thank you, most appreciated.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Mike
Is that the one that Kermit Weeks owns now?
Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Here you go. Medium sea grey for the underside, dark green and camouflage grey for the top. (probably should be Dark sea grey).
Maybe not 100% the correct grey for the top but close enough.

Thanks Ian. I thought most were done in a 3 tone finish. My AV set didn't come with FS 639, so I'll have to fake conjure up something for the underside color...

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Ian. I thought most were done in a 3 tone finish. My AV set didn't come with FS 639, so I'll have to fake conjure up something for the underside color...

Prost
Allen

BS 639? That a typo?

The AV set should have both the greys, it is the fighter set I take it..

Top camouflage in dark green and ocean grey, bottom in medium sea grey .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Ian, no typo. It's the AV set #71145, Bomber and Training Command 1939-45. It comes with BS 450, 241, 642, 637, 210, 283, 356 and FS 34373. No biggie, as I can whip up a good substitute for the BS 639 in my secret underground lab!!!..........

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No biggie, as I can whip up a good substitute for the BS 639 in my secret underground lab!!!..........
BS 639 is light slate grey. Not the colour you might be after. Ocean gray as far as I recall was not included in the BS scheme of things I can say that if you are into Vallejo Air the paint you want is 71,273 for Ocean grey, thats for the top surfaces grey. the bottom is 71.307 MSG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
BS 639 is light slate grey. Not the colour you might be after. Ocean gray as far as I recall was not included in the BS scheme of things I can say that if you are into Vallejo Air the paint you want is 71,273 for Ocean grey, thats for the top surfaces grey. the bottom is 71.307 MSG

Thanks again Ian! It seems that British wing thingy camo schemes are a minefield too, especially to a non-wing thingy builder like me. Ordered AV's Ocean Grey and will give it a shot. Had to add a surprise to the cart to save postage on the order. It has wings too!!!....

Prost
Allen

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Tip top result there Ian. Mosquito's are just great.