ICM 1/35 Model T 1914 Fire Truck - by popular request!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
very nice build Dave should look nice when finished an will you be able to do the radiator in a nice shiny gold like on the box pic ?
chris
Chris,
I'll be using AK Brass True Metal - like I used on the 1/24 Model T Roadster I did
DSCF1301.JPG
Needs a bit of surface preparation before applying, but looks OK
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
I'll be using AK Brass True Metal - like I used on the 1/24 Model T Roadster I did
View attachment 429487
Needs a bit of surface preparation before applying, but looks OK
Dave
OH YEA Dave an very nice too well the F/E should be a classic then in that lovely red just the same colour as my car lol an the gold looks great very well done on that roadster :thumb2:
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've been looking at Model T fire trucks on the 'net - contemporary photos are rare, most photos are of restored vehicles - so you can't be sure how near they are to the original........................
1910-Ford-Model-T-firetruck.jpg
This looks pretty close - although the front axle & spring are painted red, and there is gold pinstriping on the red body work ( no chance! ). I assume these were all individual conversions, and I would think they would have been updated at various stages - this one seems to have a hand cranked siren on the dash. This has twin water tanks, others have one large tank - some have racks for overhead ladder stowage. All in all, it seems that they were unique conversions, and were made throughout the Model T production period.
I assumed that these were used by small town America, but apparently big cities used them as well, as they were small enough to get through traffic & into tight areas.
Hoping that the temperatures drop.............................................:sad:
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a great looking kit that will add nicely to your model T collection Dave. It’s quite tempting to be honest!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice work Dave on the underside with those thin rods.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Boy, oh Boy - I don't think I've ever felt less like doing anything the heat has really sapped my energy - or was it because I had my hair cut? My mate Samson says it has that effect on him! :smiling2:
I've actually managed to stick a few parts together, mainly the halved parts, ie water tanks, extinguishers & lamps. I assembled the seat - then found the next morning that it was rubbish, and had to prise it apart & start again - with a little filler added! - When in doubt - look at the instructions. I did try brush painting the wheels bright red, but it really needs the airbrush, I'll have to wait until I'm comfortable at the bench, hopefully in a few days time
Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
"Dave Ward, post: 570583, member: 6573"]
Boy, oh Boy - I don't think I've ever felt less like doing anything the heat has really sapped my energy - or was it because I had my hair cut? My mate Samson says it has that effect on him! :smiling2:
I've actually managed to stick a few parts together, mainly the halved parts, ie water tanks, extinguishers & lamps. I assembled the seat - then found the next morning that it was rubbish, and had to prise it apart & start again - with a little filler added! - When in doubt - look at the instructions. I did try brush painting the wheels bright red, but it really needs the airbrush, I'll have to wait until I'm comfortable at the bench, hopefully in a few days time
Dave
[/QUOTE]

Felt very much the same, looked at the bench and thought no too hot .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Me too. I seriously thought about freezing my wet palette so the paint would stay cool. It’s hard to do fine work when the paint dries so quickly on the brush…..

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Think the heat is having that affect on just about everyone now, how people can spend all day sitting on a beach in this weather beats me!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think the heat is having that affect on just about everyone now, how people can spend all day sitting on a beach in this weather beats me!
Oh I agree Mark.
I've been more concerned about my pond, this heat is no good for the fish. Air stones are on full and the sun shade is angled over the pond .

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
More assembly & I got the brush ( hairy ) out & primed the main bits.
DSCF1874.JPGDSCF1873.JPG
Even brush painting primer is tricky, it dries soooo quickly - just as well it's only a tiny model. There is a hint of a breeze & the forecast is heavy rain & thunderstorms late night/tomorrow, so with luck the temperature will drop by at least 10 C ( I hope ). I can get the airbrush cranked up & that red topcoat sprayed............
Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A good start considering the heat.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Had a few thunderstorms & heavy rain over the weekend, but the temperature today is 25 C. I was up early enough to spray the topcoat......................
DSCF1882.JPG
A bit of overspray on the radiator & axles etc, but I'll need to touch them up anyway, before starting on the brass bits, not looking too bad at the moment ( colour is AK3 Blood Red )
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Dave.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Had a big thunderstorm & heavy rain this afternoon, but the temperature is still over 20 C, and I'm suffering with my blood sugar levels - hot weather always causes problems & the last week or so is no different, varying between too low & too high - either way it makes me feel unwell & lethargic, so no bench time.....................
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Looking good and well done getting anything done in this heat.
Jim