ICM Kozak-2 Ukrainian Armoured Vehicle 1/35th Scale

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'll follow along too. ICM are well known for using half a dozen parts to make something that could probably have been moulded in one, but don't let that put you off. Take it a step at a time and you'll be at the finishing post in no time.
Oh boy am I finding that out now, yes! ... crikey!

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
I'll tell you something for sure, this is the last vehicle I'll be doing. I'm like 10% and it's been a nightmare already and I really hated the damn leaf springs, not only couldn't I get th seams off but they didn't even match up seamlessly. so yeah, I'm sticking to aircraft after this one for sure.

I think as others have said, I'd definitely try something a lot simpler first before crying off completely, but as has already been said, not everything is for everybody and you don't often know until you try.

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Done some more work on this but boy I'm struggling, there's so many tiny fiddly pieces and I've even had to use superglue for some as they just kept falling off with tamiya extra thin.

koz.png

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
I'll be honest, I'm not. I'm struggling a lot with the fit of the parts and so many small ones too.

I'd say stick with it for a bit, hopefully you'll get to a point where all the little bits are squared away and it starts to look like it should. If not, there's always JR's new blowtorch.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Now -now, you shouldn't be encouraging pyromania!! :tears-of-joy:

flamethrowers

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have bad news i'm afraid. This build is over, I've decided to bin it under the wifes advice because it's causing me such stress and annoyance and for a supposedly "fun" hobby, this has not been fun just very annoying by it's tiny parts that break at the drop of a hat.

I will include two images, one showing how far I've got and the other showing how annoyingly small some parts are and these aren't even the smallest.

I'm sorry for wasting everyones time with this thread, I guess this kit (which was recommended to me) was just vastly out of my skill level.

k2.pngabsurd.png

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thats fine, Steve, I've junked a fair few models that had become a trial - it's a hobby, not a punishment!
Bin the lot & start with a clear bench!!
I find it helpful to look at the instructions before buying a model - it gives you some inkling of what you are letting yourself into...............
Dave

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thats fine, Steve, I've junked a fair few models that had become a trial - it's a hobby, not a punishment!
Bin the lot & start with a clear bench!!
I find it helpful to look at the instructions before buying a model - it gives you some inkling of what you are letting yourself into...............
Dave
That is something I should have learned from the start!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
That is something I should have learned from the start!
Scalemates is always my first port of call, when looking for instructions, more manufacturers these days allow you to look before buying, but others still don't - if all else fails. put up a request in the forum!
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
It's a shame Steve but this hobby is something we do to unwind and enjoy ourselves. Stress and no fun equals STOP. Either throw the kit away and forget it or put it away somewhere and maybe come back to it in the future.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
To borrow a phrase from gamble aware - when the fun stops, stop!

There's no point carrying on if you aren't enjoying it, I've learnt that over the past few years. However, rather than binning the kit (if you haven't already), box it all up and stick it in a dusty corner. Maybe one day you'll feel ready to tackle it.

And you certainly don't need to apologise, most of us have been there I'm sure.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
@SteveT as Andy said we've all been there.
I found that my other hobby of painting is a good way of taking my mind off any frustrations that I find in model making, and vice versa.