IJN Dockyard 1/700

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ralph, I'm sure your water effect will be better than mine.
The etch on the Shimakaze looks great. I don't want to crash the party but you probably know that the Shoho was sunk at the Battle of the Coral Sea in 1942 and the Shimikaze was finished in 1943. She is one of her kind. The Shoho had a sister the Zuiho which operated in the same Division as Shimikaze. The Zuiho was sunk in 1944 and so was Shimakaze.

You can check this site out here This is the page on the Long Lancers as what they called their destroyer fleet. Kido Butai would refer to their Aircraft carrier fleet. Scroll down to get to the home page.

Progress on the dockyard buildings and crane look good. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 4539

Ralph, I'm sure your water effect will be better than mine.
The etch on the Shimakaze looks great. I don't want to crash the party but you probably know that the Shoho was sunk at the Battle of the Coral Sea in 1942 and the Shimikaze was finished in 1943. She is one of her kind. The Shoho had a sister the Zuiho which operated in the same Division as Shimikaze. The Zuiho was sunk in 1944 and so was Shimakaze.

You can check this site out here This is the page on the Long Lancers as what they called their destroyer fleet. Kido Butai would refer to their Aircraft carrier fleet. Scroll down to get to the home page.

Progress on the dockyard buildings and crane look good. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard :smiling3:.
Over the last few days I have been looking and reading about the two main ships in this dio.
I am not worried at all about the scene being historically correct.
Thanks for your interest.