Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. It’s OK I got your back pay no attention to the Rabbles

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Cheers.

John - Richard's a star. Far too generous by half.

Lee - I don't mind the rabble putting their oar in. I nearly always have shenanigans with the heads, so people know to expect it of me. On to the camo tomorrow.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice gift from Richard, looking good Peter think you’re right with the 2nd version of the cap to keep it from distracting from his face and such :thumb2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

""Smockingly""" good start to the body LOL

Can't avoid a little camo even if its only under the smock.

Your alternative cap was well done, so the little bit of camo will be a definite counterpoint to the solid blocks of green.

Another grey day but getting warmer ready for the heatwave

Have a good day with the camo, I seem to be slipping into mindless NetFlix binge watching at the moment, 1/2 way through season 2 of The Crown and I don't know why!!

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Fernando - Thanks for looking in.

Steve - Bad pun day! Glad to have some warmer weather, though it gets too bright for painting after 1pm.

First pass at the camo:

100_7317.JPG

Getting there, and I suppose DPM is not subtle.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Starting to shape up looking good

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

You do seem to look down the wrong end of the telescope when assessing your camo painting abilities.

A superb job, and I am more than sure it is even more impressive in the flesh than on screen.

Your recent parcel has more than proven that point.

guess its equipment day, today?

Good to finish before the 48 hour heatwave strikes and assaults your paints.

I need to shake off this lockdown lethargy and get going again!!!!

Time to do some walking up and down the top 3 stairs with the Resident Patient

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

The trouble with camo is that it can be adjusted forever, so getting to a point when you feel yyou can leave it alone is difficult. I don't think I'll get it finished today, as there is quite a lot of equipment to do that needs delicate painting.

So far, I've got the bandolier and gun done:

100_7328.JPG

The addition of more detail has pushed the camo back a bit. These were both white metal parts, which I never like, but they proved quite nice to paint. I'm not sure what the grass(?) taped to the gun is for; camouflage, insulation?

D

Deleted member 6559

Very kind of you Neil. Thank you.

That's it for today:

100_7332.JPG

I also painted and attached the water bottle and ammo pack, the kukri, and the magazine for the gun. I've still got quite a bit of equipment to do, but one more session should see it done.

Last edited by a moderator:

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Peter

this is looking great - you have a very distinctive style - if we ever get to any model shows in future I'm sure I'd recognise it.

My only observation is that his DPM combat jacket and trousers actually match - he must have a very friendly Quartermaster!

Mark

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Mark. I must admit that it never occurred to me that the jacket and trousers wouldn't match.

PS - I don't do shows.

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Different items of DPM fade at very different rates - in general the trousers get washed more frequently and tend to be a bit lighter in colour.

D

Deleted member 6559

Mark - A bit like the German experience with field grey. They found during WW1 that the trousers faded more quickly that the jackets, so switched to stone grey trousers to eliminate the mismatch. It wasn't until the middle of WW2 that field grey trousers were re-introduced.

I intend to do a bit of weathering with pastels, so that should create some variation.

Jason - Glad you approve. Thanks for looking in.

D

Deleted member 6559

I found a small reserve of mojo, so decided to place him on a base and do some weathering:

100_7336.JPG

I weathered the trousers by initially dry-brushing mixes of Vallejo English Uniform and Off White onto the knees etc, then went over all of the camo with pink/beige pastel to kill it off a bit.

Just the back-pack, two ammo packs and smoke-grenade to do now.