Italeri 1:48 Hawker Hurricane

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi colin, ive been watching this from afar for the last few weeks . Its looking superb mate, the pre shading worked beautifully and the top colours look great too. Like yourself ive always really liked the hurri , the Revell tropical hurricane was the first 1/32 scale kit i ever made as a kid . Keep the pics coming mate , cheers tony

C

Cooperman69

Looking good Colin.

Can't wait to finish the kitchen makeover and get my teeth into this kit. It's sitting under the bed at the mo'.

Something I noticed the other day whilst doing a search on Tamiyas site is they list this kit as one of theirs under the Italeri badge. Are they the same company then?

Atb, Colin.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats not quite correct, unless they have changed it since you looked. The Italeri kits are now in their own section and it says quite clearly that the aircraft parts are by Italeri.

There is often collaboration between Eastern and Western manufacturers. Large Oriental firms produce mainly for the home market. If there is something they like but can only see a limited market, rather than the expensive process of tooling up, they buy in, often from a European firm.

Italeri co-operate with Tamiya. Hasegawa with Revell. It is well worth keeping an eye on Italeri and Revell as their prices are a lot better than Tamiya and Hasegawa's are for the same kit.

Ian M

C

Cooperman69

Thanks for the info. Ian.

Your right about it being in it's own section but couldn't understand why it was on Tamiyas site. I thought for a minute they may be the same company.

Atb, Colin.

C

cryton 5

hi collin ,like the detail like myself get that realistic look ,engine define's the overall finish keep in cry!

A

AJay

Excellent work, Colin. I like the pre-shading you did. How about adding a oil wash over the decals and making them look faded? I haven't tried it myself yet but may give it a whirl this time. I also scrape parts off the decal with my craft knife for a worn look.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks again for taking a look at my progress.

Alex, an oil wash isn't something I'm familiar with, however, I did sand the decals down a bit, and sprayed over them a touch to add a bit of 'ageing'.

However, it's done. the picturs are in the 'Aircraft pictures section'

Cheers

Colin M...

V

Vajled

miss this one to leave coment, but have looked before...

Nice kit and progress so far

What you think about kit?

Roman

B

Boldman

Just caught up with this build, a mighty fine job so far, excellent paint job and looking forward to the final finish!