jagdpanter 1/72,first of many

D

dubster72

I wouldn't get too worried about it Ole. The Ardennes campaign was very fluid & any defensive positions would have been made on haste. So foxholes would be more like scrapes in the ground.

What I would think of is the many blocking actions that successfully held up the German advance, usually at great cost to the US forces.

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

you`re right there wifey said same thing,this is based on the first wave after the first lot of shelling,when the allies were taken by surprise

mobear

D

dubster72

Well if it's the initial attack, don't go for whitewashed vehicles as there was no snow at that time. Snow didn't start falling in any great amount until 22/12, almost a week into the attack.

Cheers

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ole, I've just had a look on Google Images for the Ardenne Offensive.....Loads of images there for you to drool over!

Your dio. is starting to come together nicely now, keep it up.

Ron

chameleon 2009

Mike Tipping Models
SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Mobear like the drawings!, looking forward to seeing this pics please as you progress

M

mobear

i used a sponge for the camo,tried it and it is a good method,will use it more in future

mobear

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Taking shape nicely Ole. Keep it up!

Ron

B

Buttonman

Sorry Ole didn't see you plan, Feel a song coming on "He painted matchstick men and matchstick Tanks and tree's He painted a tank on fire on the ridge it was blocking the way "

:scotland:

Martin

C

CDW

Haven't you finished this yet Ole ???

Jeeez, you're taking your time, stop posting on the forum and chit-chatting and get on with it .... you want me to nip over the forth and give you a hand or what ? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

seriously mate, coming together nicely .. it's a big undertaking even at 1/72, plenty of groundwork to get together but we can see the progress so all's good.

take no notice of Martin ... i think he has a Lowrey fixation heh heh

B

Buttonman

I thought I was being quite creative????

Good luck with the little people if the little tanks make you cross eyed wait and see after you've done a couple of the lillyputions

Martin

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a task Ole!

This is going to be a cracker....

Watch out for the bottom left set of figures, the two on the right are a Brit. and a Russian!!! Don't put them in by mistake, or we will all jump on you toot sweet!lol

Martin is quite right. When I did my Farm dio., I painted around a dozen 1/72 figures, then called it a day!

You have close on 100, please don't tell us you're using them all in one go!

Good luck.

Ron

P

phalinmegob

dont put them down on that work table of yours ole, you will never find them again lol

M

mobear

hi people of the land of giants,i have studied them carefully,and realised quite quickly that 2 lots will not belong(unless i use one hanging out tank mortally wounded with no helmet on).not sure on how mant to use yet,see how nerves hold out lol

mobear

C

CDW

It gets easier after the first 30 or so Ole .... you just go brain dead and hit auto-paint :smiling3:

M

mobear

sorry there hasnt been much movement here on this,left arm has failed again,its a sod,using kinesiology tape to stimulate the nerves and muscles to get going again,on the plus side SWMBO has tidied my workspace arrrgghhhhh lol,soon hopefully will have more pics after i get on it again

mobear