John's 1/72 Matchbox Mosquito Build.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Knowing that this was built of timber and ply I decided with the help of Ian to have a go .
Not known for wingy things this will hopefully be fun, more so when Ian told me the Russians had one and it crashed. Well that's 2 out of 2 ticks.
Having now saved the photo of the said plane I have started.

The box
2022.jpg
Instructions are basic and appear to be straight fwd.
2022_4.jpg2022_5.jpg
Not much in the way of office, but ok
2022_2.jpg
Good start !

Crew loose , having painted 1/72 recently these two should be easy.

2022_3.jpg

Will have to check the others posts to see about the colours for inside the office and crew.

2022_7.jpg2022_8.jpg2022_6.jpg
Not much if any flash and its an old kit , it first came out in 1976, this one in 1982, and the final one in 1992.

Hope you will follow and help along the way. I even have the correct paints !

John.

Attachments

• 2022_9.jpg
    2022_9.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Count me in mate, it will be interesting to see how you get along as a non wingy person like myself.
Paul, its not the first but the lack of tracks is a bonus. I'm watching Jim as his is the same scale. Should be fun with us both in this .:nerd:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Oh My........I don't know whether to take a seat or call Matron.....something's off........can't put me finger on it. Oh!......it's JR, he's been bitten by the Wing Thing Bug!!! Look out!!!, it might be contagious!!! What next.....Floaty Boaty Things??? :tongue-out3: :tongue-out: :tongue-out2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You'll breeze it John I'm sure :thumb2:
Can't help you with colours as I mix a lot of mine myself from vallejos that's good enough for me range.:tongue-out3:
Yes that range is brilliant, AK 3rd Gen have also introduced it gradually moving over to it :nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
I'll definitely follow along. I am certain you'll make a fine job of this. OK my kit and yours are the same scale and the same aeroplane but their birthdays are 40 years apart!
Jim
Your welcome , tea or coffee ? Probably a good thing then Jim !

Oh My........I don't know whether to take a seat or call Matron.....something's off........can't put me finger on it. Oh!......it's JR, he's been bitten by the Wing Thing Bug!!! Look out!!!, it might be contagious!!! What next.....Floaty Boaty Things??? :tongue-out3: :tongue-out: :tongue-out2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:;)
Rick I remember you saying it was better than those wirly things. As for boats, as I said to Si Benson , No no no .This of course will up set Chris , so don't tell him sssh !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Your welcome , tea or coffee ? Probably a good thing then Jim !

Rick I remember you saying it was better than those wirly things. As for boats, as I said to Si Benson , No no no .This of course will up set Chris , so don't tell him sssh !
Don't even mention the whirly things..........I still have nightmares!!!:anguished:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good luck with this John. Remember, just think of it as a lorry, with fewer wheels and some strange sticking out bits, and you’ll be fine. Should be a good build…Matchbox stuff was always fun when I was a kid. If you want cockpit colours, by the way, I posted a 360 view site on the GB discussion thread a while back.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good luck with this John. Remember, just think of it as a lorry, with fewer wheels and some strange sticking out bits, and you’ll be fine. Should be a good build…Matchbox stuff was always fun when I was a kid. If you want cockpit colours, by the way, I posted a 360 view site on the GB discussion thread a while back.
Good idea Tim, I'll check that out , thank you.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I don't know Dude 2....The way I see it, you'll have no probs building this little thing. Maybe some small parts to deal with, but not that many in this kit. I am a bit upset that your kit is molded in one of the base colors. All you have to do is paint the other color and the underside. Then gloss it, add the decals and then matt coat the puppy to be done. Sorta like cheating I think.....LOL!!!..........

Aw, just have fun and go for it John. I really want to see how you do the crash scene myself........PM, with luck, later..............

Prost
Dude 1