John's 1/72 Matchbox Mosquito Build.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I don't know Dude 2....The way I see it, you'll have no probs building this little thing. Maybe some small parts to deal with, but not that many in this kit. I am a bit upset that your kit is molded in one of the base colors. All you have to do is paint the other color and the underside. Then gloss it, add the decals and then matt coat the puppy to be done. Sorta like cheating I think.....LOL!!!..........

Aw, just have fun and go for it John. I really want to see how you do the crash scene myself........PM, with luck, later..............

Prost
Dude 1
No getting off that easy Dude1, I've been told it was in British colours !
Actually looking FWD to doing the camo as the new needle set up is far better for me .Have the magic putty stuff ready .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just picked myself up from the floor. You doing a plane??? At least you wont have to worry about the tracks :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2: Good luck my friend.
Yes strange things have happened before with me building these strange bird like contraptions.
No your right there, no tracks thank goodness Steve, but there is mud :smiling3::nerd:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Your welcome , tea or coffee ? Probably a good thing then Jim !

Rick I remember you saying it was better than those wirly things. As for boats, as I said to Si Benson , No no no .This of course will up set Chris , so don't tell him sssh !
Now john you ole duffer lol :rolling: :smiling:;) WHY would it upset me as id love to see you do a floaty thing would make my day that would as you are a very skilled moddler so a floaty thing should be easy for you an a quick build hope you will rethink about doin one as to THINK J/R DOIN A FLOATY THING UNTHINKABLE BUT LOVED TO BE PROVED WRONG LOL:rolling::nerd::smiling: an yes MATRON WOULD BE NEEDED LOL
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'll follow with interest for two main reasons: John building a wingy thing and for the huge amount of abuse and bantering already going on. :smiling3:
WELL said andrea as yes love all this banter at J/R as the poor chappie is gettin it nearly all the while but he is a true gent an takin it on the chin gracefully lol
chrisb

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There's usually FIRE along with a crash.........need I call Matron??? :thinking:
Not at the moment Rick, as luck would have it, or bad luck for me it didn't catch fire . I'am going to build this as the photo, sorry can't show it as using the tablet.Trust me buddy .:tongue-out3:

Nice one John, a cracking start.
Thank you Ian .
I may be wrong but I think I at least had a small part to play in this wonder of the modern world! ;) :smiling5:
You did indeed, along with Ian after I said I would just follow, only to be told the Russians did have one . :smiling3::nerd:

Now john you ole duffer lol :rolling: :smiling:;) WHY would it upset me as id love to see you do a floaty thing would make my day that would as you are a very skilled moddler so a floaty thing should be easy for you an a quick build hope you will rethink about doin one as to THINK J/R DOIN A FLOATY THING UNTHINKABLE BUT LOVED TO BE PROVED WRONG LOL:rolling::nerd::smiling: an yes MATRON WOULD BE NEEDED LOL
chrisb
Chris the nearest I have been in building was as a crew member on 570's sub along with my dear friend
Only to be asked to leave .

The main reason Chris is the small size , had a go at those tanks in 1/72 and that was too much .This plane is ok as not tracks !
2022.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'll follow with interest for two main reasons: John building a wingy thing and for the huge amount of abuse and bantering already going on. :smiling3:
Hi Andrea, your more than welcome , hopefully you will bring some of sense to the proceedings.:smiling2::smiling2:.

Abuse me no! Well not yet lol
No , just waiting for the right moment to strike , and then it will be all barrels :smiling2::smiling3:;)

HAHA thats owm8Bob all over
chrisb
It might well be Chris but Matron is lurking ready to pounce at a slight movement,like a cat after a wee birdy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Not at the moment Rick, as luck would have it, or bad luck for me it didn't catch fire . I'am going to build this as the photo, sorry can't show it as using the tablet.Trust me buddy .:tongue-out3:

Thank you Ian .

You did indeed, along with Ian after I said I would just follow, only to be told the Russians did have one . :smiling3::nerd:

Chris the nearest I have been in building was as a crew member on 570's sub along with my dear friend

The main reason Chris is the small size , had a go at those tanks in 1/72 and that was too much .This plane is ok as not tracks !
View attachment 458202
HI John is that the parrot that 570 is so fond of lol :rolling: ;) :smiling::smiling: as i gather it done a whoopisie in his hat lol an thats why you both got told to leave lol as i gather 570 was spittin feathers lol :rolling: ;):rolling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI John is that the parrot that 570 is so fond of lol :rolling: ;) :smiling::smiling: as i gather it done a whoopisie in his hat lol an thats why you both got told to leave lol as i gather 570 was spittin feathers lol :rolling: ;):rolling::smiling::smiling::smiling:
Yes the same Chris, he went back Aus to see his relations and has just come back.

SO Rick he's a russkie parrot then proberly got a red star tattoo on his bottom lol
chrisb
No certainly not, :smiling3: He's a full blooded Australian, swears like a trooper, until he see Matron, then hides.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David

Thank you Ian .

View attachment 458202
Dont listen to him just as he was about to burst onto the 72nd armour scene he got distracted again by all that leggo scale stuff another couple of kits and a little more patience and he was there , fair play for doing the wingy thing John I've loads in the stash my excuse I'm saving them for when I retire bet your looking forward to November now.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dont listen to him just as he was about to burst onto the 72nd armour scene he got distracted again by all that leggo scale stuff another couple of kits and a little more patience and he was there , fair play for doing the wingy thing John I've loads in the stash my excuse I'm saving them for when I retire bet your looking forward to November now.
David , Indeed I am, it was all going well until some weird lines on the distraction sheet caused me to come to a halt . I've posted it else where on here .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Finished painting the crew and " office " more like an empty shed.
IMG_20220714_181840355.jpg
Then joined the fuselage together with out any problem .

Then came the nose, I had a choice of two , but decided on this one

IMG_20220714_183139586.jpg
At this point I did the suspension and landing gear , have left a post on chat for help with the mudguard fitting .

That's all for now , thanks for looking in .
John .