John's Godfather figure sculpt

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Like I said I am going to go for this in the movies and TV GB.

pacino.jpg

I think I will go for about 150mm size, and sculpt in Apoxie Clay' So this will be the first job, from a little blender rendering.

chair.jpg

Off we go.

John

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Taking a chair too but not the one in the pic lol. John one of my favorites

• Haha
Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The classic chair, bespoke suit, & quiet confidence says it all, the man with the plan.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm in, will sit with the escape committee member for the US.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I must be getting dumber in my old age. It took me several hours to get an idea of the chair. Version 1 is a rough styrofoam jobbie, version 2 in stiff paper then finally version 3, in MDF, and a little bit undersized since it will be the version I use and will be covered in clay to represent the upholstery.

chair base.jpg

Trying to work from the photograph it was tough to get something resembling the proportions of the chair and the right sized for an approx 150mm figure.

John

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very cool!!!

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for all the encouragement guys. Finally made some progress yesterday. The armature is about there. Spent a while making sure to get the pose right with his head slightly tilted and his shoulders and torso looking comfortable in the chair.

armature.jpg

Now we start the hard bits. I need to add texture to the chair and start giving him some clothes.

John

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks again guys. Moving along his body is almost finished, just the shoes and the hands to finish off.

body.jpg

And then there is the small issue of his head. I have realised that with my skill and eyesight I will never get a good likeness, so I am aiming for vague resemblance. Let's see what comes out.

John

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks again guys. Moving along his body is almost finished, just the shoes and the hands to finish off.

View attachment 476588

And then there is the small issue of his head. I have realised that with my skill and eyesight I will never get a good likeness, so I am aiming for vague resemblance. Let's see what comes out.

John
Looks very fine to me John. Really good stuff…..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

View attachment 476588

John

Excellent work John, really very good. The though of doing something like this gives me nightmares. Very well done indeed so far.

ATB

Andrew