Ju88-4 Pro-Modeller 1/48

T

treyzx10r

Finishing the Ta154 I finally get to start on my Ju88(been in the stash for a long time)!. I went with a Verlinden resin office

Next was removing all the raised interior details

The fit is really pretty good just some minor filing required

The bulk of the major parts are now ca'd in place

The fuse halves fit good ,more trimming of the resin parts was needed for a flush fit

Test fit of the lower canopy looks promising no major gaps to be seen

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Which version of the Ju88 will this be, Trey? Thos cockpit resin parts look nice.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That does look nice. I'm guessing there is a typo in the heading and this will be an A-4.

Cheers

Steve

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
You are really going to town with these resin sets Trey looking forward to this one as I have the Revell Ju88 in 1/32 scale.

Vaughan

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Oh, did not see the '-4'. Answers my question, doh!

T

treyzx10r

Joe thanks and Yea my big thumbs got the title wrong,Steves right A-4. Vaughan I got a deal on a batch of resin on evil bay and could'nt say no! I wish I had the room to do that scale! From what I've seen thats an impressive bird in 1/32

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Trey I'm holding back on mine until I get some more shelving. I feel a trip to Ikea calling.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

I hear ya Vaughan even @1/48 I'm steady running out of room,1/32 would really gobble up some area fast!I 've not made much progress,added the rudder pedals and some small details. Then worked on the seats ,especially tricky shaving the resin out of the radio seat head rest posts without breaking it! I'm still on the fence for what paint scheme and unit,thinking of going the 3./KG54 route and trying my hand at some squiggles

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Trey

I have no experience with resin parts but it look like there 's a lot of delicate trimming to do. Are they very brittle to work with? As far as space goes I haven't quite worked out where the Sturmovik is going as it has a wing span of 43cm. I'm going to stick to smaller planes in 1/32 scale in the future.

Vaughan

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking really good Trey, those resin parts make all the difference.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Vaughan yes the resin is quite brittle,this run does'nt seem as bad as others I've dealt with. They do tend to vary ,might be a combination of age and or different types of resin used?

Tony thanks,I really like using them but sometimes they cost more than the kit.

T

treyzx10r

I had to clean up the ejector pins in the tail wheel area and decided just to sand it all down and scratch back in the details

I used some Evergreen tube cut to length,then softened with tenax to bend into the curve and set

Both sides completed

I then added the O2 spheres using some bird shot

I also scratched up some control cables

I'm not sure how much if any of it will ever be seen again but I know its there;)

RLM 02 and a wash then time to button the fuse up

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Trey with some great scratch building going on. As you say even if it's not visible you know it's there. Keep the photos coming. By the way what's Tenax?

Vaughan

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I hear ya Vaughan even @1/48 I'm steady running out of room,1/32 would really gobble up some area fast!I 've not made much progress,added the rudder pedals and some small details. Then worked on the seats ,especially tricky shaving the resin out of the radio seat head rest posts without breaking it! I'm still on the fence for what paint scheme and unit,thinking of going the 3./KG54 route and trying my hand at some squiggles
So you're opting for the easy one then! :lol

Gern

PS I reckon you've got the necessary talent to do this one - and it would surely look REAL good on your shelf.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking great all that resin. It is fun to work with isn't it.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Kresten thank you!

Vaughan thanks.tenax is a liquid type 'plastic welder' I like its wicking action and melting qualities.

Dave ,hope I can pull it off ,may have bitten off more than I can chew. Thanks for the vote of confidence all the same!

Ian thanks

,yes I quite enjoy the resin now that I'm getting used to working with it.

I spent most of the last 2 days concentrating on the office. I scratched in some hydraullic lines for the rudders

Also some wiring for the ip as the back of it is slightly visible thru the finished canopy assembly

The office assembly is fini and ready to mate up to the fuse

Some geussmology on the actual wire routing,not finding any good ref pics of the actual from this angle

I did take some geusses with color and location of gear /instruments but tried to keep it as authentic as possible.

Last edited:
K

Kressy13

That office looks amazing mate, top rate job. All the wiring helps to make it look that much better. Keep this up for the rest and it will be stunning.