Ju88-4 Pro-Modeller 1/48

S

Saber

Having neared completion of the Revell 1:72 scale Junkers and popping over to see this one I am blown away by the amazing work your doing on this. The office looks fantastic, those resin kits are something else. I feel very inspired by seeing this and that paint scheme is just going to look incredible, fantastic work :bow:

M

mobear

you need professional help,what a fantastic piece of scratch building,how long did you lay down for after completing it?lol

mobear

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
The office is outstanding Trey you have set the bar high on this one.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Mark,many thanks so glad to hear it has inspired you ! I was amazed at the detail you got on your office with 1/72 and the canopy masking came out so clean !

Ole you're right I do need help and took quite a lie down after it was done ,thanks for the kind words Buddy!

Vaughan thank you kindly ,always trying to challenge myself to 'up it' a bit with each build.

I've got the fuse and office mated up,previous Ju88 Dragon kits gave me a fit in this area this one seems better,is that possible?

The wing tips always ate my lunch until a fellow member told me to glue the tips to the wing halves then join the assemblies. Much better fit !

Even the nacelles seem to fit better on this kit than other Dragon 88's,wierd

Wings went on with no trouble and set the dihedral,just waiting for it to set up and on to the canopy.

While waiting I got out my old monocote iron and 'weighted 'the tires,the iron has a non stick finish so it worked real well.

K

Kressy13

This build is coming along really well mate. Very impressed with the detail.

T

treyzx10r

Joe ,Kresten thank you kindly!Gondola is added and what at first looked like an easy step wound up taking a long time to finish in properly. There was a good size gap on the port side and required several test fits to get right.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looks like there's some serious work going on there Trey. Keep the good work up.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Vaughan thanks. Please excuse the pic quality getting used to a new camera.I've spent days redoing the rear facing guns and the ammo belts and spent cartridge chutes trying to get it right,this is it I'm calling it close enough!

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Trey that's some amazing work what more can I say Fantastic!

Vaughan

S

Saber

If I can ever reach this level of dedication and detail I will be more then happy really enjoying watching this one come together.

T

treyzx10r

Vaughan thanks! Mark from what I've seen you building already you are well on your way,glad to hear you're enjoying the build!

I've gotten the RLM 76 sprayed after preshading with some grey and a light blue combo

Preshaded the upper surface with a dark grey

T

treyzx10r

I'vegotten the basic cammo on,starting with RLM79

Then the RLM71 tinted with some 70

The squiggle on the bottom RLM74

The top is RLM77 that I tinted with some white

The only actual photo I could find of the actual bird

I will go back and 'tweak' it a bit after the decal session,all in all its not too bad for my first squiggle attempt. What do you all think?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking very smart Trey, looks the business bud.

Have fun, John

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Wow Trey, that paint job must have taken ages, and a really steady hand, it's the bees knees mate.

Tony.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Trey that looks like a lot of hard work, it's looking very impressive.

Vaughan

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I too am very impressed with this build, that airbrush work shows amazing control.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nicely done Trey. I've been holding off an Italian C.205 whilst I pluck up courage to spray the "smoke rings". You've made a great job of that not entirely dissimilar "wellenmuster" camouflage.

Cheers

Steve