Just when you thought all was well .!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all
I was just sitting looking through the forums, enjoying a leasurery read when my mobile rang .
As soon as I saw my ex Son in laws name I had that feeling ". This is not going to be just a chat "
Up shot is Jack the 19year old grandson has hit a tree in his car coming home at 2000. Has been cut out and taken to Peterborough Hospital .

At least he is ok suffered a broken wrist and some cuts to his head. Of course I had to tell Management, who went into warp factor 10 mode., then ring his mother in Devon, and put her in the picture. Life can change in an instance.

No doubt later we will know what's happening etc .
Nothing I can do at the present, just have to wait , and hope it was just a skid or speed and not drink. !
John .

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats a shock for you john but at least hes got off fairly lightly with just a broken wrist , it could have been much worse. Hope young jack has a speedy recovery , cheers tony

Reactions: JR

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Chin up John. Let's hope the lad is o.k. It reads as though he got away reasonably lightly - Thank goodness. Cars are replaceable.
After my little sermon about the stone in my window too. We just don't know what's around the corner do we?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Sounds as if he was lucky. I am sure the facts will come out soon.
None of us really know what lies just round the corner.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
.. Sorry to hear that...:fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful: speed recovery to your grandson...:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry to hear that John your family and you are in my prayers

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Here's hoping all comes out well. I've had several of those calls when I was younger...always a heartstopper. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John, we are all pulling for you and yours. Take heart in the fact that he is young
And should mend quickly.
Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
No doubt rather a shock for you John but at least it sounds like he has had a lucky escape with minimal injury :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 5819

Fingers crossed and everything works ok, we all dread getting those phone calls late at night.
Pete.

First Name
Andrew
John,
Nasty shock for you all. Let's hope all turns out well and if he was doing something that he shouldn't have, that he will learn from it. Meanwhile you can still enjoy Christmas together. Our thought are with you. Take care.
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
.. Sorry to hear that...:fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful: speed recovery to your grandson...:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Thats a shock for you john but at least hes got off fairly lightly with just a broken wrist , it could have been much worse. Hope young jack has a speedy recovery , cheers tony
Hope it all works out well John.
John,
Nasty shock for you all. Let's hope all turns out well and if he was doing something that he shouldn't have, that he will learn from it. Meanwhile you can still enjoy Christmas together. Our thought are with you. Take care.
Andy
Fingers crossed and everything works ok, we all dread getting those phone calls late at night.
Pete.
No doubt rather a shock for you John but at least it sounds like he has had a lucky escape with minimal injury :thumb2:
John, we are all pulling for you and yours. Take heart in the fact that he is young
And should mend quickly.
Rick H.
Tony, Brad, Ron, Jim, Greg, Lee, Rick, Paul Simon, Pete,and Andy.
Guys.

I really appreciated the posts. This morning we heard from Anne, his mother, apparently he was on his way home from work when he went off the road and hit the tree. Attended by 3 ambulances, 2 fire engines plus the police he was cut free. Both wrists broken , one badly, cuts and to the head and face. Other than that he seems to have been very lucky indeed. What caused the accident isn't clear but thank God he'd not been drinking, or he'd be in even more trouble from me! Daughter on way from Devon, so going to be a hectic weekend I feel.

John.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
He is a very lucky lad judging by your description of his injuries.

Stay positive old mate......:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

So sorry to hear about this John - it never ends does it? My new granddaughter ended up in casualty last night with breathing problems. She's perfectly OK now, but what an evening.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John,
Your grandson is very lucky as what you have described of his injuries...it could have been worse and thank God it wasn't. Wishing him a speedy recovery and you to take care.

Richard

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi John, sorry to read the bad news...
Luckily the injuries were minimal given he hit a tree:surprised:, wishing him a speedy recovery.
Take care....