Just when you thought all was well .!

First Name
Kevin
Wishes for a speedy recovery to the young fellow, as everyone has said, could have been worse.
I know how nerve wracking the situation can be.
Chin up, hot cup of tea, don't think too much about maybes and possibles. :thumb2:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
John

It must have been a real shock, especially having to be cut out of the car. At least he had minimal injuries.

Finger's crossed for a speedy recovery.

Peter]

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
He is a very lucky lad judging by your description of his injuries.

Stay positive old mate......:thumb2:

Hope your grandson makes a speedy recovery John.

So sorry to hear about this John - it never ends does it? My new granddaughter ended up in casualty last night with breathing problems. She's perfectly OK now, but what an evening.
John,
It must have been a shock to get the call . Wishing him a speedy recovery.
John,
Your grandson is very lucky as what you have described of his injuries...it could have been worse and thank God it wasn't. Wishing him a speedy recovery and you to take care.

Richard
Hi John, sorry to read the bad news...
Luckily the injuries were minimal given he hit a tree:surprised:, wishing him a speedy recovery.
Take care....
Hi John, sorry to read the bad news...
Luckily the injuries were minimal given he hit a tree:surprised:, wishing him a speedy recovery.
Ron, Colin, Peter,Paul, Brad,Richard, Kevin, Fernando and Peter.
Anne , has been to see Jack. He's had one op on his shattered wrist, they are leaving the other because he can't have a GA because his face is too swollen. His jaw is broken, the top of his mouth is split from the jaw backwards. Seeing a photo of his face with his eyes swollen shut you can imagine the impact. A lady went past and saw steam coming from the car and went back, calling the emergency services. She worked in the hospital and today had been to see Jack , apparently she stayed the whole time with him until they got him out.
Time will tell.
Thanks again for the support, will do an up date
In due course.
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John.
Shocked to read this my friend.Thank the lord he wasnt too badly hurt.A worrying call to recieve.
We send all our best wishes to you all.
Big hugs from Rich,Helen.x

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John
Hope it all gets better from here, sound scary but recoverable. Might make him realise he isn’t indestructible and slow him down a little as well....
Chin up!
Tim

D

Deleted member 4539

I hope he heals soon John.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think he was very lucky crashing into a tree.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John.
Shocked to read this my friend.Thank the lord he wasnt too badly hurt.A worrying call to recieve.
We send all our best wishes to you all.
Big hugs from Rich,Helen.x
Hi John
Hope it all gets better from here, sound scary but recoverable. Might make him realise he isn’t indestructible and slow him down a little as well....
Chin up!
Tim
I hope he heals soon John.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think he was very lucky crashing into a tree.
Richard,Tim and Ralph.
Cheers guys.
Found this photo on the fire brigade web site.
Christine won't even look at it.

IMG_0592.JPG
That was a Ford Focus !
So thanks to the emergency services for extracting him from that.
The family are all at the hospital,we are looking after the 2 younger boys. Anne is going to stay with us, the boys and their dad are going back to Devon tomorrow.
I've tried a bit of work on the diorama buildings, but lost concentration after about 30 mins.
Going to have a look round the forum and see what you are all up to, probely the best course of action.
There is something about sharing with like minded people and believe me receiving positive support from friends is the best thing ever. Hopefully in 6 months this will be a distant memory!
Thank you one and all.
John.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Heck John, when I see that picture the lad was indeed very fortunate and yes, thank goodness for our great emergency services.

Try and keep positive fella.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
And thank goodness for airbags, colapsable steering columns & solidly mounted seats. She's probably old enough to remember when. PaulE

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hell. that car's in a mess. Best wishes for his recovery.

Pete

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Only just seen your news John, poor lad!
Sounds like he’s in a mess but so glad to hear they got him out and he’s still with us.
It’s times like that we really appreciate the emergency services and the job they do. Fingers crossed he will recover quickly from it. All the best mate

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
And thank goodness for airbags, colapsable steering columns & solidly mounted seats. She's probably old enough to remember when. PaulE
Think your right there.
Heck John, when I see that picture the lad was indeed very fortunate and yes, thank goodness for our great emergency services.

Try and keep positive fella.
Am doing Ron..... Only problem I get cross when I think about why !
Hell. that car's in a mess. Best wishes for his recovery.

Pete
Thanks Peter
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Only just seen your news John, poor lad!
Sounds like he’s in a mess but so glad to hear they got him out and he’s still with us.
It’s times like that we really appreciate the emergency services and the job they do. Fingers crossed he will recover quickly from it. All the best mate
Thanks Si.
Yes they were great, I sent a message to them, thanking them for their skill it was on their website. Hopefully he will be OK, going one a long road. Christine of course is completely worn out emotional wise.
John.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all.
We went last night to see him. There is a rule only two visitors at a time , but the staff nurse said " I haven't seen you. "
Went in to see Jack to find his boss from his work there with her husband and our daughter Anne. So that was 7 of us , but took It in turns to go for coffees and keep the numbers down .
His boss said the lads from the office and stone cutters were going to see him in turn during the day. The company seems very family like in its attitude.
Today he's having plates fitted to the fractures in his face, looking a the front of a picture reminded me of the German Skull emblem. It showed all the fractures to the face. Can't eat yet other than yoghurt and very little ice cream as the top of his pallet is spilt ! Last night the staff nurse told Anne she could stay over night with Jack. He's been having panic attacks when he sleeps, PTSD no doubt.
He was able talk to us about what little remembers happened. He remembers coming round in the dark and calling for help, then feeling a hand stroking his hair. If a lady who saw steam coming from the car engine hadn't stopped and gone back and rang the emergency services he might well be dead. She stayed with him until they got him out of the car, that took nearly two hrs. She works at the hospital and called in to see him on the Friday. Talk about a good samaritan, We want to thank her personally for her help.
I told Jack that many of you had wished him well and I have a photo of him giving a thumbs up. When I've worked out how on my new phone I shall post.
Now things have calmed done I feel I can relax and get back to the bench.
Sorry to go on, but even writing about it makes it easier.
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John.
You do not have to worry about going on about the horiffic episode.All friends together here who share and care for one an other.My brother had a horrible accident 4 years ago and ended up being crushed under a lorry cab ashes a mechanic.Air ambulance and long op.Was shocking reading your grandsons injuries and forthcoming repairs.So nice to hear that at this traumatic time that his work colleagues rallied round to visit and offer some comfort.
Many say that people dont care but when the proverbial hits the fan and when folk need help the good in many shines through and humanity prevails.
Thinking of you all friend.
Richard.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Don't even think you're going on about it. A problem shared........
Some positives to be gained from your last post John.
What great support from his boss and work mates.

He now has a guardian angel too...
As Richard writes "When folks need help the good in many shines through and humanity prevails."

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Heart warming to know that there are so many kind people in the world. The TV news would have us believe everything is bad.
Take care.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks here is Jack he did say thank you for the good wishes
IMG_20181209_190810672.jpg
Poor lad.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Roger that Jack and a:thumb2: back atcha mate!
Cheers, Rick H

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John