Karls Tamiya 1/48 F/P-51D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Oh no , what happened karl ? It was looking great .

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Oh no , what happened karl ? It was looking great .
Getting up from the bench in too big of a hurry to shut the dog up on a Sunday morning, was having a row through the fence with the neighbours visiting sons daschund.......
Had the port side all decalled up and the UC in place too.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ouch ! The breaks look fairly clean , maybe it will be salvageable ? Obviously the wingtip is going to need a bit of filling and repainting but the wing root joints and tailplane should go back together with little mess .

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Ouch ! The breaks look fairly clean , maybe it will be salvageable ? Obviously the wingtip is going to need a bit of filling and repainting but the wing root joints and tailplane should go back together with little mess .
Too tied to really look at the moment, but the port starboard wing broke where you can see and the upper surface at the end of the wheel bay.......on the bright side I can now fit the gun sight I forgot.....

Last edited:

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
That's it Karl.....
Positive Mental Attitude ..... Excellent approach there mate :smiling3:
Going to put it in a box, tidy the bench and start something fresh, or go back to the Tomcat, I have another P-51 in the stash so maybe that'll hit the bench later. Or I may just drive the 3 hours to the Irish Nationals for a look at pretty models for a few hours..........

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Oh Karl. I was just enjoying catching up and thinking what a great result and then ....... !!! That is a real shame.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Can't find either of the main gear, canopy is cracked, a flap is missing and worse of all I must of smudged one of the nose art Donald ducks into oblivion as he looks worse than the plane........
Ah well it was a cheap kit for me to squirt Alclad at for the first time and it served it's purpose for that.
Going to tidy up and then I'll be back in the GB with a Mustang III.