Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu type 11 'Rex' 1/48 Tamiya

T

treyzx10r

I've still not got the Jap fever gone so had to do a floaty thingy! I'm also getting some assistance from my Son on this one so should be even more fun!

Basic kit layout

pretty basic ,but a neat feature is the dolly that comes with it.

The dry fit looks typical Tamiya,very tight no gaps!

the Office has some decent detail molded in as well,very impressive for a $20 kit.

Connor is off and painting up the interior

V

Vajled

keep it running boys ...

nice choice, great helper...

Roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
That looks like an interesting kit Trey nice to see something different being built.

Vaughan

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
That's an interesting looking aircraft! Must great sharing your hobby with your kid!

D

David 317

Ah! bless him! I thought Child labour was against the law! I'll show this to my sons.

T

tecdes

That is a very unusual aircraft Trey. Very interested to see the final thing.

But who is in charge there Trey. Look of determination on that young boy's face.

David I have two sons & it makes not a jot of difference to try & shame them.

Laurie

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great choice trey, ive been looking for one of these for a while, but never seem to be able to get one at a decent price. Connor looks like hes doing a great job, cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Roman,Ian,Vaughan thanks! Seb yes it is a blast sharing the hobby with Him and thanks! David shhhhh,he does'nt know that yet!Get your kids working quick before they find out too! Laurie thanks ,how old are your sons that you ca'nt shame them anymore lol. Tony thanks,I was patient and finally nicked this one off evil bay for $20 plus a tad for shipping of course.

Well Connor tried his first wash and did'nt do half bad

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Some really nice weathering going on in that office.

Vaughan

M

mobear

nice paint job so far,now you have to have a go yourself,lol

mobear

V

Vajled

I'm shure that helper did great part of job here

and because him this work looks great...

Greta job to booth of you

Roman

T

treyzx10r

Ole thanks,yes my turn ! Roman thanks ,Connor has been driving me hard. We got it ready for paint!

T

treyzx10r

Roman ,Ole thank you!

Connor applied the salt and away we went,the effect is a little more aggressive than usual but we're rolling with it. I'm geussing it was due to me not using Kosher salt this time. The sea salt crystals are much finer.

M

mobear

beginnings of some nice weathering there(sand storm maybe)or sea spary that has gotten under the paint(fesable)does happen

mobear

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Cracking looking build Trey, nice and scruffy, well done to you and your son.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Ole ,thanks. Yes I 'm using some artistic license of course but all indications were most late war Japanese aircraft usually were'nt primered. Might not be true of float planes but I'm unable to verify it either way, so considering the harsh environment and sea water prop spray it seems a likely outcome. Tony thank you !

I got the decals on,Connor picked the no.103'Ohtsu' Kokutai. version ,they went down good after a healthy dose of micro sol.

D

dubster72

That's a very worn looking plane! Well done Trey for doing something different!

Cheers

Patrick