Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu type 11 'Rex' 1/48 Tamiya

First Name
Michael
Well done with weathering...love it, this aircraft has seen some serious action, I've got to get some Japanese stuff done, nice plane!

M

mobear

big hi five to your laddie and you thats an amzingly worn plane

mobear

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Trey fantastic weathering.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Connor did the wash last night

I then finished with some weathering layers and dullcoat. I first sprayed a thin layer of dullcoat down so the pastels would have a better surface to 'bite' into. Then after brush and 'Q' tip pastel application it got a final spray of dullcoat. Connor says he is happy with it and I'm pleased as well despite a few blems. Thanks for all the great positive comments enjoy the pics!Cheers Trey

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A great finish Trey. Looks like you've got a great little helper there.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Vaughan,Roman, thanks so much and Connor says thanks as well, we really appreciate the kind words fellas!

M

mobear

i love this plane,your bravery has paid off,its truly awesome

mobear

B

Buttonman

Well done Conner First one for your bedroom ceiling,When i was your age my Dad used me as his small bit dropped on the floor finder,was ok but 60's-70's carpet was very loud, your dad'll explane.

nice one

Martin

T

treyzx10r

Ole ,thanks!Martin thanks I bet diggin thruogh that 70's shag carpet was a challenge!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi trey , ive only just caught up with this one again, wow! Tell connor thats a fantastic looking build, great chipping effects, cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like this model lark is genetic after all.

Conner is doing a great job. My question is who is helping who?

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Superb chipped/flaking paint job Trey.This is what i was trying to achieve with my Zero.I went for masking fluid which i think gave too clean an edge to the chipped paint.The salt method gives a more realistic finish i think.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Superb work as always. Congrats to you and Connor!

Gern

T

treyzx10r

Tony thanks! Ian, Connor has the build bug in his blood and I've been relegated to 'helper' status,thanks for the kind words. Dave thanks and your Zeke looked great! Thanks Dave appreciate that!

B

Bunkerbarge

Trey, it brings back memories of my Dad working with me on our railway layout when I was a youngster. That time together is so valuable.

Yesterday a little lad of around 11 years old was down at the pond side with a very sorry looking little model boat. Apparently his uncle used to bring him but he passed away so a friend brought him but he doesn't know the first thing about RC boats. Consequently today I'm having to drive over to Leeds to deliver a spare radio set, speed controller and set of stickers over to another club member who is going to sort it all out for him while I'm back at work. Encouraging youngsters is so important to keeping our hobbies alive and all credit to you Trey for doing this with Connor.

By the way pass on to Connor what a cracking job he has done and how he has impressed modellers all over the world.

First Name
Dave
Must be great to have a child who wants to learn stuff.Tried to teach my 19 year old daughter how to make a simple cheese omelette last night.my patience was sorely tested and i ended up making it myself!.

T

treyzx10r

Richard thats great of you as well helping out the new upcoming hobbyists ! I too believe it to be very important. And Connor says thank you very much Sir! Hang in there Dave, my Daughter was just as bad trying to just hard boil an egg(she cracked them first and made egg drop soup) lol.