Land Rover WMIK 1/35 Hobby Boss

P

phikoleoputra

Hello again,

I'm calling it done, a very enjoyable build and the kit is very nice. I added the PE from ET Models for extra details, you could get detailed as well straight from the box. I decided the hood to be opened because it's a shame the detailed engine is not shown.

I weathered and chipped it and hope it's not too much.

Any critics and comments are welcomed. Thanks for looking

Cheers,

Leo

View attachment 115179

View attachment 115180

View attachment 115181

View attachment 115182

View attachment 115183

View attachment 115184

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Great work Leo. I don't think the weathering looks overdone, sand storms etc would all leave a mark. Top stuff mate.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great stuff Leo very cool

I'll get one of these for my figures it will fit the bill perfectly :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Very nice indeed Leo Recently finished the Airfix 1/48 and this machine is a nice one to build.

Got some ideas from yours for a couple of others in the Afghanistan range I have to build.

Hope you do not mind Leo. But the tyres do not look right. They need, in my opinion, a general

dulling down wash then a dust effect from the tread up the sides. At the moment they look as

if they have just been fitted and out of place with the superb effects on the body work. :smiling3:

Laurie

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Very nice indeed Leo Recently finished the Airfix 1/48 and this machine is a nice one to build.
Got some ideas from yours for a couple of others in the Afghanistan range I have to build.

Hope you do not mind Leo. But the tyres do not look right. They need, in my opinion, a general

dulling down wash then a dust effect from the tread up the sides. At the moment they look as

if they have just been fitted and out of place with the superb effects on the body work. :smiling3:

Laurie
I agree with you Laurie, I too not satisfied with the finish for those tyres. I just don't have the right tools I suppose those AK stuffs are just awesome when I saw in youtube.

I used the Tamiya thing which is not the best.

Thanks for the feedback Laurie, greatly appreciated.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nice! I like that, thought the tires look fine , like the sand in the treads but if you like a very light dry brushing of "dust" wouldn't hurt. A bit "chippy" for me but then again I'm a subtle weatherer but all in all very nicely done;).................Jim

P

phikoleoputra

Thanks for the kind words and the constructive inputs lads. :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
I agree with you Laurie, I too not satisfied with the finish for those tyres. I just don't have the right tools I suppose those AK stuffs are just awesome when I saw in youtube.
I used the Tamiya thing which is not the best.

Thanks for the feedback Laurie, greatly appreciated.
Cracking Job Leo.... Superbly done.........As for the fancy stuff for the tyres? You don`need it......Just dull them down with some NATO Black.....and as Jim said a dry brushing with a light brown / stone is all it needs. Well deserving of a "Great Build".

P

Polux

Oh!!

One of the best LR I've ever seen! The general colour and weathering has a very nice real look ;)

Great build Leo!

L

Laurie

Leo obviously I have stirred a few here. Apologies if I have intruded but before commenting I did check and confirm that you invited criticism.

To say what I have said is constructive and that sort which I invite for anything that I show on this forum.

I should have illustrated my comments which I have below. I do believe that comments are a good thing. They can be dismissed as not being

as the model maker would want but also they can be hopefully of some help. Also it is not only the maker of the model but also those who

view the model who are interested in comments.

On the technical side Leo I just use ordinary Vallejo and Lifecolor paints nothing special at all. Lifecolor as they do some 2 or 3 very nice colors in whitish sand.

I just thin down the paint with thinners nothing special

Laurie

View attachment 115233

upload_2015-7-25_23-47-39.jpeg

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Leo obviously I have stirred a few here. Apologies if I have intruded but before commenting I did check and confirm that you invited criticism.
To say what I have said is constructive and that sort which I invite for anything that I show on this forum.

I should have illustrated my comments which I have below. I do believe that comments are a good thing. They can be dismissed as not being

as the model maker would want but also they can be hopefully of some help. Also it is not only the maker of the model but also those who

view the model who are interested in comments.

On the technical side Leo I just use ordinary Vallejo and Lifecolor paints nothing special at all. Lifecolor as they do some 2 or 3 very nice colors in whitish sand.

I just thin down the paint with thinners nothing special

Laurie

View attachment 126407
No worries Laurie, I really welcome those constructive comments so I can build a better project next time. :smiling3:

\ said:
Cracking Job Leo.... Superbly done.........As for the fancy stuff for the tyres? You don`need it......Just dull them down with some NATO Black.....and as Jim said a dry brushing with a light brown / stone is all it needs. Well deserving of a "Great Build".
Thanks for the tip Peter, will try it next time.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Leo,I do like this one with suitable weathering ,very nicely done, ;)