Last Goodbye?

N

norm

Been ages since I've posted, but just realized I've not put up photos of this little piece I finished over the holidays during my last break from school. It's Masterbox's volksturm tank hunter set. Looking at his pose, I thought it would seem a little odd to depict him alone, as he seems to be posing for someone, so I was originally thinking a photographer, but when I saw the crying old woman in Miniart's German Civilians set, the idea came to me. I like to imagine he is trying to console his grandmother before defending their city from the incoming allied ground forces. He has a tank destruction badge on his arm, so he as successfully killed tanks before, but you have to wonder, is his grin put on, to try to make a show of strength for his distraught grandmother, or is he genuinly confident, thinking he can actually get away with his task? Will this be their last goodbye? I'm calling this done for now, may add a bit more dirt and rubble to the base later.

(link to a google drive folder) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxX1WlK-HxKBODM1VHZNLUFFZlk

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cannot access it, need permission.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do like the under lining meaning of this one,

very well done with the idea of it, ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
A very nice set up and very poignant piece, like it Norm.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Norm. The look in the soldier's eyes and the lady crying, an emotional scene.