Lee Drennen’s Hobby Farm & Garden

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lee, we have had snow flurries then the suns out and it melts. Sort of like white rain showers. Didn't bother the flowers they just keep on coming up.
Rick H.

Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Those daffs are pretty tough. Here’s a pic of think might be our last snow you have to look real close to see the blurry flake this the last weekend in March 58B549A4-0DEC-4FB6-B550-4310B2964CE6.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
We Had snow the day before yesterday. All gone now and sunny weather predicted thru the weekend.
Rick H.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Heh, snow, I think I remember what that looks like :smiling3: We had sleet for about an hour on 27 February, and that’s been our snow this winter extended autumn/early spring.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko. Don’t know if you like snow or not but I would be disappointed

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I don’t mind snow, though it’s difficult to ride a bicycle through it after it’s been compacted by cars. We used to get a few weeks of snow on the ground every winter, but for the last 20–25+ years, it’s been more the exception than the rule. Of course, I live literally five minutes’ walk away from the North Sea, and the warmth stored in that dampens the winter weather a lot even when compared to just maybe half an hour’s drive further inland. Come to think of it, even compared to a few kilometres more inland we often get less snow.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I don’t mind snow, though it’s difficult to ride a bicycle through it after it’s been compacted by cars. We used to get a few weeks of snow on the ground every winter, but for the last 20–25+ years, it’s been more the exception than the rule. Of course, I live literally five minutes’ walk away from the North Sea, and the warmth stored in that dampens the winter weather a lot even when compared to just maybe half an hour’s drive further inland. Come to think of it, even compared to a few kilometres more inland we often get less snow.
What Country do you live in Jakko?

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Took a few more pics yesterday I mowed the dead grass off my barn lot early February I let it grow a little high in late summer so the new grass will grow nice and thick in the spring. I’ll let this grow till Fescue and Japanese clover blooms then I’ll cut it rake it up and use it for my Hen Nest and Use it to feed the deer in the winter
ED365959-5FCC-49BE-B1D1-3C60A59B0F9C.jpeg

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Today I put some chicken manure on the garden that I had previously Shoveled out the weeks before. After my accident in September I haven’t felt the same with my knee problems I haven’t really been feeling like doing anything so that day after work I push myself to do it. I took off this week because they are predicting the peak of the virus might be this week or next week in St. Louis and I’m trying to stay safe so this morning I till the garden and put the chicken manure that I cleaned out a couple weeks ago on it I will let this stay on there till after Friday were supposed to get rain then it will dilute it down a little then I’ll re-till it again. Hopefully I’ll get a lot done around a hobby farm.

E6D49310-200B-49A6-8CF1-DDA113991439.jpeg2EBF71C3-1EAB-4CD8-A973-8ECB9D30925F.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That chicken manure is Hi nitrogen. Let it settle in a bit before planting. BTW, what's on Mr. "Green Jeans" list of things to plant? Sorry to hear the knee is bothering you, hope it gets better soon. Have your Diesel fuel prices dropped? We are down around $2.30 a gallon.
Rick H.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice plot you have there Lee,real like the winter pic,s do miss the snow,we only get cold harsh winds,
with little rain,do like the veg patch as well work in all that chicken manure ,and even add in cow or horse as well,
just don,t plabt when still hot thats all will burn you plants :smiling4:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks I know it’s hot going let it settle in for a bit. My knee felt good today got a lot done

Alan I used to raise Rabbits and I like using the manure better because your right it’s a cool type. I’m going to try to fix up my old Rabbit hutch it in one of the pics I’ll let you guys know

Monica. Thanks I like the winter and early spring. I’ve never put chicken manure on this garden before so I think I’m pretty safe been gardening for many years. I will probably put some phosphorus on it also after last years garden I think it’s lacking it. I’ve never done any soil test although it’s the best thing but I was taught but my Great Uncle Austin who was a great gardener and farmer.

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s a pic of what did yesterday I finally got the energy to move my feed barrels down to the chicken house been wanting to do this since last fall. I know to some it not much what I’m doing but it’s a major accomplishment to me

C4BF61EE-8680-42F4-A8D4-666ED5B2657E.jpegA1E0CDEE-E03D-4EAE-98C9-24E46BDAC740.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Considering what you suffered from that accident Lee think the movement of those feed containers is a great achievement.

Glad you've taken some time off, good thing at this time. Do you have to stay in and distance yet as we do ?
Take care.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John Thanks. Yes we here in the United States have to stay 6’ apart and at work the truckers have a room up stairs I have to go to do my paperwork and get my dispatch very different. Hope to get some more work done tomorrow I would like to take my little farm back and maybe get some livestock but thats kinda far away now with this virus and I want to make sure I can do it again but I wouldn’t have as many as I once did.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Little at a time and easy does it...words to live by at our age. LOL:thinking: