Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks glad to have you on board :smiling3:

\ said:
do like the looks of both of them Alan,
so what are you going to show us this time, ?:rolleyes:
This time well in my minds eye I see this will be an awesome diorama that could win awards

What you will see is an ok diorama that looks good but nothing special :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Glad to have you on board folks :smiling3: ,

I've made a start on the hanomag being the largest piece in this dio I'd get it done first

Nice kit although it's an old one and you do have to do more work on the pieces but none the less it's a great kit and goes together well and with just a few little extras it turned out a great looking model

I build all my kits differently to other people as I build all the parts in one go then paint and put together it just makes it quicker for me

These are the cap section pieces View attachment 115138

it's not the greatest of detail for an instrument panel but it's ok and seeing as it's tucked right up in the front you can't see it anyway View attachment 115139

all put together View attachment 115140

the inside floor and cab levers , I've only used two of the seats as this is the 251/10 so the two seats just behind the cab would be removed or there would be nowhere for the gun crew to stand View attachment 115141

the first two complete sections, I'm not going to fill the holes for the missing seats as I'll put some stowage there , just a couple of small bags as not to take up too much room , these will be added when the floor goes in as not to interfere with the walls View attachment 115142

lower hull and wheel attachments View attachment 115143

now the finished lower hull , nothing special here , once the floor is in I'll be adding shell packs , grenades , and small arms
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Front axel is now fitted and the wheels are turned , the instructions set this up so you can move the front wheels the only problem with that it the wheel attachment is very loose so you have to glue them on and the overspill then stick it in place , best thing is to glue the section in the desired possion and then fit the wheels it saves a load of time fiddling about View attachment 115154

image.jpg

First Name
Robert
Coming along nicely Alan this will be another cracking project from you. I have mine sitting in the box still but will get round to them soon enough once I'm better.

Like the detail of the interior with the stowage, lots of weathering to be got at there eh

Awesome

Regards

Robert

P

Polux

Looking very good so far Alan.

Very detailed thread with excellent photos as a build reference ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you Polux :smiling3: it's so much easier when it's a good kit your building :smiling3:

I have now put the dirt on the inside and I will dry brush out some of it

View attachment 115171

After the dry brush I will add some wear and tear
image.jpg

First Name
Robert
Your really making excellent progress in this project Alan, lots of depth to it and realism with west your doing to give it authentic appeal. Like the base plate wethering you have achieved as lots of ingress etc from the outside would crate wear and tear on paintwork and mud etc would gather internally

Well done

Robert

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

I've added some stowage View attachment 115250

View attachment 115251

and funnily enough on a rummage in the bits box I found a single length of a hanomag track , I don't know where it came from but I cut some pieces up and stuck them to the front as makeshift armour , they should be the other way around but there was no detail so I put them on the other way :smiling3: View attachment 115252

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg