Libya 42

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it :smiling3:

Done the weathering on the hull now and I'm not sure on some of it , I've tried to simulate a more wearing away of paint like the interior , sand storms would play a big part in wearing away the top layer to expose the original colour underneath , I can't put my finger on it

Anyway judge for yourselves :smiling3: View attachment 115428

View attachment 115429

next up is to repair the bits missing and decal it up :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top job Alan.

Can't really tell from the pickies if you have or not, but if you haven't, how about running a pencil along the metal edges and giving them a good old rub? Might help add a bit more wear and look all shiny, almost down to the bare metal.

Having rit all that, it looks fine to me as it is!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Top job Alan.
Can't really tell from the pickies if you have or not, but if you haven't, how about running a pencil along the metal edges and giving them a good old rub? Might help add a bit more wear and look all shiny, almost down to the bare metal.

Having rit all that, it looks fine to me as it is!
Not a bad idea Ron I like your thinking , I wonder if a touch of metallic grey just on a couple of edges would help if not I could just dry brush it out again :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've kit chopped a loader , anyone who has this kit will tell you the figures are awful so I took the head torso and legs from the German MG crew on maneuver set and cobbled together a figure to fit in there View attachment 115447

he just needs some trimming up once he's dry :smiling3: image.jpg

N

noble

Alan that colour scheme looks amazing, what colours did you use for your base.

Scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan that colour scheme looks amazing, what colours did you use for your base.
Scott
Cheers Scott , it's revell Aqua Africa brown number 17 and wintons oil burnt umber for the dirt :smiling3:

First Name
Jason
Very nicely built, painted and weathered Alan, can't wait to see it on its base. Just one thing! Could you stop building stuff that I have in my stash. I've got enough on the bench at the moment without you tempting me to start more;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very nicely built, painted and weathered Alan, can't wait to see it on its base. Just one thing! Could you stop building stuff that I have in my stash. I've got enough on the bench at the moment without you tempting me to start more;)
Cheers Jason I appreciate that :smiling3:

Ps sorry I make no promises :D

I've now added the loader , the jacket wasn't quite what I wanted although it is authentic so I'll chance the dark olive with a light olive highlight for a drab with a light olive on the other figures :smiling3: View attachment 115558

View attachment 115559

View attachment 115560

just one more figure for the hanomag and three others on the ground :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a cracking job Alan........... The Hanomag is first class and the figure is spot on........... I like it a lot.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Peter I'm am rather pleased with it I've got to redo the other figure he just didn't look right :smiling3:

Thanks again

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well the figures are now complete , the second figure I wanted in the hanomag was quite frankly awful so I through him away , so here are the troops for the outside :smiling3: View attachment 115737

View attachment 115738

this is the first time I've really had a go at afrika korps troops and I got the colourise spot on the only thing I need to work on is the detailing , up close its a bit rough but as they say practice makes perfect :smiling3:

Next up is the base , I will be doing this blow by blow as to show a simple cheep base can be effective :smiling3:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Part one adding the first definition

I use cheep picture frames from cheep shops , this one cost me £1.60 from bastins

Take out either back of the frame or the glass , I'm using the glass on this base as it gives a straighter edge

View attachment 115739

Then take whatever your going to use to give definition to the surface , I'm using a styrofoam pizza base but you can use cardboard or polystyrene packing , place the glass over the top of the pizza base so you can cut a straighter edge View attachment 115740

hold this down firmly and cut your edge View attachment 115741

The cut whatever shape you need View attachment 115742

the repeat this for any other area of the board you want , I want a bit of a dip so I'm just using the corners View attachment 115743

then add pva and spread it and place your pieces View attachment 115744

View attachment 115745

and use a heavy weight , I use a book and leave it to dry View attachment 115746

once this is dry you can add other bits to make the ground uneven :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dougie

Annoyed I missed this thread so far, it's a bit late now to watch but it's really impressive. Love the work, the painting is excellent. Look forward to the completed build/dio thread.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers dougie I'm glad to have you on board all be it for the credits :D