Libya 42

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've now added the sections too give definitions and depressions View attachment 115865

next up is to cover the base with what you want , I've used a cheep no nails type glue from poundland as it doesn't crack like filler can View attachment 115866

don't worry about any edges as th surface you put over this once dry will soften those and if it doesn't you can stick small stones :smiling3: image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now the glue is almost dry you can add your top surface , I've used crushed kitty litter but you can use fine sand,baking powder or anything else that will give a powdery surface

Just use a cover of watered down pva all over the base and sprinkle it on , any misses and you can either do a bit of detail by adding rocks or desert scrub View attachment 115894

as you can see while it's still wet you can press your tracks into the surface for. Bit of realism
image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
And now it's relatively dry you place the base on top of the frame View attachment 115935

the frame edge can now be painted if you wish , tomorrow you can add you model and figures

The cost of this base is £3 , that's the cost of the picture frame and the pizza to get the styrophome , the kitty litter will cost about 1/60 but for that you could make a thousand bases so its negligible :smiling3:

image.jpg