LRDG JEEP

0ne48thtel

This s the Tamiya SAS jeep done in an LRDG configuration. I haven't done a build thread for it as it is going on a Dio for which the build thread can be found here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/terrys-desert-sig.30157/.

I have added a few scratch built bits to this build such as get unstuck mats, camo nets and a stowage bin on the rear end. The spent cartridge cases were done with fishing line painted with brass Paint. The tie downs were done with cotton painted with a medium grey and the straps for the kit bags etc were made from insulation tape.

I used Vallejo colours throughout for the painting with vallejo colours thinned right down for washes. The whole thing was then dusted with vallejo pigments.

View attachment 108379

View attachment 108380

View attachment 108381

View attachment 108382

View attachment 108383

View attachment 108384

View attachment 108385

View attachment 108386

View attachment 108387

View attachment 108388

View attachment 108389

View attachment 108390

View attachment 108391

View attachment 108392

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

031.JPG

033.JPG

034.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

040.JPG

041.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yeah! Superb Terry, love everything-the packs, netting and even the shell casings. Top build mate, well done.

Si:smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
One of the best model jeeps I've ever seen excellent work love the shell casings nice little touch.

L

Laurie

Well that is something else Terry. Did you not go to town on the luggage very authentic. Like the wear look on the luggage.

Spent cartridge cases nice touch. Also the rolled up camouflage net. What is that made of as it looks the real part.

Very nice model. My last was a Landrover MK1k and these types are a delight to build as there is so much going on.

Laurie

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice terry I like that , I've seen this on my travels and wondered about getting it :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys the kit was nice and easy as anyone who has built one will tell you. the little add ons were where the fun began.

Laurie I used an old eye patch bandage for the netting. First I cut it to the desired length and cut the sides off to get rid of some of the elasticity. I then pulled it about a bit to open the holes a bit more on it. It was then treated to a few coats of desert yellow and medium grey before having a dusting of pigment.

P

Polux

Wow! This is a fantastic Jeep!!!

Excellent work, I love it ;)

I'm working on this one as well, yours will be an excellent reference :D

Polux

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superb Terry, lov everything,great weathering on the packs, netting and even the shell casings are a nice touch,

very well done,top marks, from me, :D

C

cryton 5

excellent work what detail , right down to the empty case's time and effort and what a reward !! cry !!!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
I've got one of these awaiting me with the PE kit from Eduard!!

Very nice!! :smiling3:

Small issue with the ammo belt:oops:, but beyond that cracking little kit!! :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Great Jeep mate, one small thing, and I may be wrong - wouldn't be the first or last time, but the ammo going into the rear gun, are they not going in the wrong way round ?
View attachment 119170
Thanks Si I think the brass hasn't taken on what should be the casing will rectify it tonight.

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys I was a bit unsure how this one would be received with all the little extras but I am glad you all like it.

D

dougie

Looks great, reminds me of my parents car when we used to go camping. No Room for people