M1A1 Abrams"Iraq 2003"

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete - like the set of factory photos :thumb2: Would make a great boxed dio with mirrors at the ends to make it look longer than it is

Interesting that the bare hull appears to be made from rusty metal - like 1970's British Leyland cars :smiling3:

Anti-slip looks good
hello.gif Simon gald you liked the factory photos I found them by accident to be honest and the rusty hulls at that price tongue3.gif.
Anti-slip was an experiment so will see.
1574286946911.png
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Pete,

Looks brilliant now - think you're on the right road with just the right amount of detail and not going overboard. Looking forward to the finish, will you use the hairy stick or hissy stick???? :thinking:

Paul.
:smiling2:
Thanks Paul I'm dance.gifthat you like, as for painting it will be hairy stick as usual due to my health.
drinkingcheers.gif
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Looking nice Pete. So much detail, nice bumpy bits (yes I'm not really an armour person) to highlight.
Hi Colin pleased you like the added details, l'm trying my best to keep up with the big boys I know it's not on their level but I can dream.
drinkingcheers.gif
Pete.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
l'm trying my best to keep up with the big boys
I know what you mean. There are some brilliant, true, hardcore armour builders on the forum these days. I realise I'm just a guest when I pop over to the Armour section to see what you all do in this hallowed arena.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Pete,

Looks the part now. Does the anti slip show up as you expected?

Paul.
:smiling2: :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7237

Pete,

Looks the part now. Does the anti slip show up as you expected?

Paul.
:smiling2: :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Hi Paul I can see it ok but hard to get a good photo, hopefully once the washes are applied it will, the painting took along time with a hairy stick around all those railings but it's done now going for a long :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7181

Lovely Pete. How you do that with a brush is beyond me.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Pete.
Those additions are perfection , and take this to another level of detail. Hope you are enjoying it as much as we are .

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete.
Those additions are perfection , and take this to another level of detail. Hope you are enjoying it as much as we are .
Hi John and thank you, I don't know about perfection they could be a lot better I've lost some of the little skill I had, but at least I had a go at them, as for the build yes I have as I don't build modern stuff normally it's all new.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi detail painting done and just had my first going using Klear and I'm very happy with the results, a small amount on the brush goes a long way, I must thank Scottie for help me out with this, not having to many brain cells I didn't realise you could brush paint his stuff I was always under the impression it was sprayed on which I can't do I will also be trying a new matt varnish a bit later.
I think this is the first time I've actually sealed a hole model.
IMG_20191122_104959796.jpg
Pete.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A beautiful job. This is a lot easier in my much smaller scale. PaulE

D

Deleted member 7237

A beautiful job. This is a lot easier in my much smaller scale. PaulE
Cheers PaulE I'm enjoying this one I'm trying new things out to, as for easier I'll pass If you don't mind I'll leave them to people who knows what they're doing like your good self.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Pete,
We all learn from each other it's what makes this forum so good.
The only trouble is I've left it a bit late, I'm still learning how to brush paint before I was ill I used an airbrush so I've had to go backwards to come forwards and where to stroke I'm starting again but hey ho hum onwards and upwards as they say.
I would like to say thank you to everyone that tries helps me on the forum being able to do it it's another thing .
Pete.