M88 A1G bjergpanzer

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just so you don't think I have totally given up pending the house sale...

Just finished this the other day, so I thought that I would post it up-

Its the AVF club 1/35 M88, in German service. Its what they use to pull Leopards out of the mud with.

Not a bad kit, but Not convinced that I will buy to many AFV clus kits. Time will tell.

View attachment 76073

View attachment 76074

View attachment 76075

View attachment 76076

Just a few quick snaps with the smart phone.

Painted with Vallejo, model colour, mud is also Vallejo pigments, mixed with mat varnish and sprayed on. And no its not a wrecking ball its just a fishing weight to hold the "wires" straight.

comments welcome.

Ian M

IMAG1296.jpg

IMAG1297.jpg

IMAG1298.jpg

IMAG1299.jpg

C

Caledonia

First class job as usual, complicated camo, must have made your eyes water. Cheers Derek

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
lovely build lan , nice camo hope I can get any think like that one day

just missing miley :rolleyes:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Ian , the paint job is fantastic. cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Cracking job there Ian! I guess you've used the fishing weight as all your spares and stuff have been put away for your move?

Gern

First Name
Richard
Nice job Ian,

the camo looks superb, love the weathering.

Overall a 5* build from me.

Cheers Richi

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers chaps. The camo was actually airbrushed free hand so I was rather pleased with the result as well.

Now about that fishing weight. The tread used for the lifting wire just wont hang down and crumples up all the time. At some point in the far and mirky future, there will be some thing more apt hanging from the boom. If, that is I ever get to place it in a diorama...

My doubts with AFV kits are purly down to the fact that the fixing points on THIS kit where either a bit iffy or blindingly obvious. A 1mm hole to fit a ½mm part in. In general the detail is very good though. I'll probably give another one a chance, as I rather fancy their Centurion.

Ian M

First Name
Aaron
Nice, subtle effects well executed camo..i'm jell

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice , great work with the free hand AB

W

Weeman0000

Nice build and finish!

I know what you mean about AFV club kits, I picked up an IDF Shot Kal (centurion mk5) and the quality is great but its overly complected and overly secure with regards to getting at the parts. There are two bits on the side of the hull to attach and also two bulbs on the front light that i just couldn't do. The tweezers i have looked large and un-gamely in comparison to the size of the parts. So much so that one of said parts pinged off into the unknown and the bulbs didn't fair to well either.

Maybe its because its my second model ever but my first model was the Tamiya mk5/1 chieftain, which went together so fast and so easy in comparison.

But i guess its all those little hurdles that you need to overcome that make the experience more satisfying and memorable? Or cause you to smash it off the floor ROFL.

Anyway, looks great!

Jason

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOL a blast from the past!

Thanks Jason and Terry.

Ian M

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Excellent work Ian! Actually drove one of those in the service, ran over an old van on the range, popped it like a grape doing about 20 mph and never even felt a bump! AHH the memories :rolleyes: must get one, one of these days Just have too much in stash unbuilt at moment Cheers Jim.

P

Polux

Nice one Ian!

I specially like the camo and the mud weathering.

Well done ;)