M998 Humvee

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far Paul,I think the camo is fine,as if its freehand very well done, ;)

i do agree with the your plan not to over weather this one,its some think that you do real

have to think off,and keep saying to yourself, :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
little things have gone a bit Pete Tong......first i added the wheels and snapped one of the stub axles, so i had to glue the wheel on........then ive trial fitted the roof and doors....made a little misalignment at some point....the doors are a poor fit on their own but look awful with my slightly wonky roof, so my plan is to do it with the roof and no doors since they were Quick Detachable......found plenty of pics with vehicles like it........the decals are a bit rough, no idea how old this kit is but my guess is mid/late 90s (it dosnt appear on Scalemates)...i hope to rescue the reg number at least......then the oil drums have taken on a white sheen from the matt varnish!

and all that is sort of shaping how i go forward with this....as the camo/decals are for a European based vehicle im thinking about doing minimum or even no weathering......after all its not a combat vehicle, more the base mule, the runabout for collecting and delivery stuff...would it get dirty?...there would always be some poor bugger on jankers keeping it clean lol

so its on its wheels and had a dark wash

View attachment 119341

View attachment 119342

i made the cargo from a couple of bits of polystyrene, the tarp is kitchen foil

heres a pic of what im aiming for without the doors

View attachment 119343

e0pg5i.jpg

veoql3.jpg

2yyy4j7.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the cargo under the tarp looks real good, ;)