Macchi 205 "Veltro"

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
DB 605 engine Trey.They were licence built,apart from a few initially supplied from the fatherland.I'm not sure how the Italians set them up or what boost systems were used but nonetheless they would have given the Veltro some serious beans!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Sprayed some rings.

The end is in sight!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Those smoke rings are looking great Steve.

Vaughan.

First Name
Dave
Looking good steve.The smoke rings are impresive.I know from experience they are not as easy to do as you make it look.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very nice in paint Steve.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Now that is impressive.

Nicely done Steve.

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice rings steve! I forgot to mention, the spinner in this kit is incorrect for a veltro being too pointed (i think 21st century just got a bit lazy and left the spinner from the folgore kit in) The spinner on the veltro was a lot more rounded on the end , i just sanded mine till it looked about right . Hope i havent chucked a spanner in the works !! cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I forgot to mention, the spinner in this kit is incorrect for a veltro being too pointed (i think 21st century just got a bit lazy and left the spinner from the folgore kit in) The spinner on the veltro was a lot more rounded on the end , i just sanded mine till it looked about right . Hope i havent chucked a spanner in the works !! cheers tony
Now you tell me :laughing:

The spinner has been filled (no blades in flight) lovingly sanded to a glass like smooth finish,primed and sprayed a beautiful gloss white in preparation for the spiral decal and now I've got to change the shape :shocking:

Oh well,something for tomorrow!At least I can stick it on at the end :biggthumpup:

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sorry steve , i ought to have mentioned it earlier! If you look at pics you can see what needs to be done to it . cheers tony