Mack AC WW1 Fuel truck 1/72RPM.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks Andy actually its not that bad no smaller than what some of the guys put in 72nd cockpits and not much diffrent to small pieces of 35th etch ,I quite enjoyed it a good learning curve ,be interesting to see it with some primer were tell then wether it was worth it. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
OK chaps many thanks for your kind comments and support so far ,other half out down the beach with the little rescue dog so set up the spray booth to get some primer on
20230325_103946.jpg
Now whilst mooching about through my modeling draws(ha ha the wooden one's not the woolen ones :tongue-out: )I found this sad and lonely airbrush didn't even know I owned it ,pulled the needle out the back ,nice and clean ,only thing I could find wrong was trigger wouldn't depress to let air in so pulled the whole thing apart and put it back together again seemed fine
20230325_104102.jpg
So stuck some primer in it ooooo bit splatterey so thinned it some more ,nope ,thinned some more not bad so rather than waste thought use it on the underside and first coat the etch
20230325_114036.jpg
Any way cracked on and used the AB to prime the whole build no probs needs a new needle I think but can probably grab a .2 for a fiver if I shop about ,for a cheap Chinese one its nice and smooth to use won't rush to do it but a good little tool.
20230325_114214.jpg
20230325_114302.jpg
20230325_114520.jpg
It might well get some olive drab later once again thanks for all your kind comments Dave.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Nice to see the use of paper to test the spray .;)

Always do that
Even more so given i used the old airbrush I found at the back the draw ,got it going OK but as I said needs a new needle perhaps that was why it was abandoned in the first place? I still do most of my building over a sheet of paper makes seeing and cutting much easier. Plus any paint left in the airbrush cup i use on the paper you can try diffrent things out without any consequences. Dave

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really nice work Dave. That truck is tiny and the detail is very impressive. So much so that I had to check the scale as the etch detail makes it look so much Larger. Will this be going in a diorama?
Paul

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Really nice work Dave. That truck is tiny and the detail is very impressive. So much so that I had to check the scale as the etch detail makes it look so much Larger. Will this be going in a diorama?
Paul
Thanks Paul unfortunately all my work is carried out on the dining table its even my airbrush station ,no room to display any builds truth be known my love of 72nd is down to the fact I can store them in takeaway cartons(good enough excuse for having a takeaway). But hey its all down to enjoyment and there's plenty of that. Dave

Last edited: