Marshall,Jozef Poniatowski.

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friend's.

Finished this yesterday.

This is the Verlinden 200mm bust.

Painted with oils over an acrylic base coat.

The metallic were painted with a mixture of GW and Tamiya acrylics with GW washes/shades.

Had fun with this.

All the best.

Ralph.

DSCF1683.JPG

DSCF1684.JPG

DSCF1688.JPG

DSCF1692.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Superb work Ralph, great painting. He looks drunk though lol.
Thanks Si,much appreciated.Now you have mentioned it he does doesn't he:smiling3:

I decided to have a go at painting eye's looking upwards only to realise that I needed to add the visor which I was painting separately:oops:.

We live and learn:smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Nah, he's thinking to himself, "Is this a good pose?". ;)

On a serious note, that is some amazing paint work!!:cool::cool:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Nah, he's thinking to himself, "Is this a good pose?". ;)
On a serious note, that is some amazing paint work!!:cool::cool:
Thanks Gavin appreciated. :smiling3:

Or he could be posing drunk.:eek:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work Ralph , i envy anyone who can figure paint . The flesh tones and 5 o clock shadow are superb , top work. as for the eyes ,I reckon he just doesnt like looking down at his lack of a torso or legs , it makes him feel inadequate!! :D :D cheers tony

D

Dave1973

Im in awe of all you lot who are able to paint flesh and faces, and clothing! This looks fantastic!

I can slap paint on a tank, and make it look passable, but if i tried doing this, he wouldnt look drunk, he would look half dead!

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Fantastic work Ralph , i envy anyone who can figure paint . The flesh tones and 5 o clock shadow are superb , top work. as for the eyes ,I reckon he just doesnt like looking down at his lack of a torso or legs , it makes him feel inadequate!! :D :D cheers tony
Thanks Tony,yor comments are much appreciated. :smiling3: .

He really is legless;).

\ said:
Great painting wish i could paint like that.
Thanks Barry,much appreciated. :smiling3: .All it has took me is about 20 years of practice and making mistakes.

\ said:
Superb, I could only dream of producing that, wow.
Thanks Ken,Much appreciated.I still get a buzz every time I finish a model and think did I really do that?.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Im in awe of all you lot who are able to paint flesh and faces, and clothing! This looks fantastic!
I can slap paint on a tank, and make it look passable, but if i tried doing this, he wouldnt look drunk, he would look half dead!
Thanks Dave, your comments are appreciated.

Very funny statement about looking half dead. :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I would have a similar face too if I had to wear all that clobber around my neck and throat!

Superb result Ralph. Top drawer for sure.....

Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic work Ralph.,real great tons on him and the clothing,do like the folds in the red

from his cloak,so well blended as all,real well done with his face,ii do like his,rolled eyes,

as it make you think to what he mayed wondering or if someone has said some think, ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
I would have a similar face too if I had to wear all that clobber around my neck and throat!
Superb result Ralph. Top drawer for sure.....

Ron
Thanks for the comments Ron.I couldn't do with it around my neck either:smiling3:

\ said:
fantastic work Ralph.,real great tons on him and the clothing,do like the folds in the red
from his cloak,so well blended as all,real well done with his face,ii do like his,rolled eyes,

as it make you think to what he mayed wondering or if someone has said some think, ;)
Thanks Monica,your enthusiastic comments bring a smile to my face. :D

\ said:
lovely work Ralph very nice finish on the flesh tones
Thanks Paul,much appreciated. :smiling3:

\ said:
Great work Ralph some fantastic painting. I wish I could do figures like that
Thanks Ian,your comments are most welcome. :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Amazing paint work Ralph, he looks very lifelike so mission accomplished. I don't think he looks drunk, more of a bored look :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Amazing paint work Ralph, he looks very lifelike so mission accomplished. I don't think he looks drunk, more of a bored look :smiling3:
Thanks for your comments Joe,much appreciated.

Bored of sitting for yet another portrait:smiling3:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful paint job, but I have to agree with everyone else, it looks like he is either drunk or rolling his eyes because he has been told a subordinate has done something incredibly stupid again.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Beautiful paint job, but I have to agree with everyone else, it looks like he is either drunk or rolling his eyes because he has been told a subordinate has done something incredibly stupid again.
Thanks Dave,appreciate your comments. :smiling3: