Matchbox Peterbilt Collecting/Restoration’s/Customs

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I take it you have to drill out the rivets holding the body to the chassis to get them apart. How do you put them back together? Rivets or CA? These are looking sweet and love the restorations Sir!!!
Allen I drill them out and just glue the base back around the rivet posts. Thanks for the complement Buddy

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Beautiful paint work Lee. Any chance of upgrading the wheel/tire assemblies?
Rick. Thanks for the complement I’m going to keep them as original as possible including the wheels. Just different paint schemes and maybe different types of trucks.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Regardless of the wheels Lee that colour looks good , better in my mind to that orange.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Regardless of the wheels Lee that colour looks good , better in my mind to that orange.
I totally agree John. I’m keeping the wheels because to me o think that’s what makes it look like a “Matchbox”

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
True, but Matchbox wheels didn't always look that "toylike".....at least the ones I remember from the 60's :smiling:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
True, but Matchbox wheels didn't always look that "toylike".....at least the ones I remember from the 60's :smiling:
Yes I have a few of the 1960s to restore. I’m trying to keep these as original as possible in case one day I decide to sell them they will blend in with the collectors addition.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The ones I have are all original and will stay that way......I spotted one of the ones I have on evilBay awhile back and the bidding was up to $90.00....don't know what it closed out at, but that was enough for me to realize I shouldn't mess with them as it might effect their value in the future. Even without the original box they are bringing some rather steep prices.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
The ones I have are all original and will stay that way......I spotted one of the ones I have on evilBay awhile back and the bidding was up to $90.00....don't know what it closed out at, but that was enough for me to realize I shouldn't mess with them as it might effect their value in the future. Even without the original box they are bringing some rather steep prices.
These Pete’s are only running at the most $5.00 on Sleezbay I really don’t see these going for that price. The older one I want to restore are in very bad shape and will never leave my hands anyway.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Definitely worth the effort to restore it......and perhaps an improvement or two along the way. :thumb2: :thumb2:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Matchbox, great stuff. I still have two small boxes with my cars and other vehicles in. When I was boarding out the loft recently - yes, I did, I got them out for a quick look.