Hello again!

I'd like to show you my latest build - T-90A.

As usual first of all, few words about the kit and the process.

That was my first try for Meng kit and I'm absolutely in love. The details are amazing, instructions straight forward (few flaws maybe) and fit of the kit is nice. The only thing I didn't like is lack of paint schemes. Kit gives you choice of 5 different variant, but four of them are parade ones. I went for the only one that wasn't clean and easy - Russian Motorised Brigade from North Caucasus.

I love the tracks. They seem to be complicated, but after few made they turned out to be an easy and rewarding job.

There was a bit of a challenge to do the camouflage. I used white tack to mask. It was a real surprise when I put second colour, which according to the instructions - should be Vallejo Duck Egg Green. It turned out to be totally different from the printed one - quite pale green as you notice. I've managed to find a real photo in similiar colours, more yellowish, but I guess that it might be something wrong with the photograph, then I just thought to myself, that kit is branded my Gur Khan, so I guess he knows what the real colour should be and wouldn't be happy if Meng will put wrong paint reference in the kit.

After this, there was the usual - glossy coat, wash, streaking, rusting and scratching, then matt coat and dust.

For the tracks, I painted them Vallejo's Gun Metal and washed it with AK's Rust streaking. Then dust it with Mig pigments.

Enjoy:

DSC_9472.jpg

DSC_9465.jpg

DSC_9468.jpg

DSC_9470.jpg

DSC_9476.jpg

DSC_9479.jpg

DSC_9484.jpg

DSC_9488.jpg

DSC_9491.jpg

DSC_9494.jpg

DSC_9495.jpg

DSC_9496.jpg

DSC_9497.jpg

Thanks for your attention:smiling3:

Now working on something flying again.

See you soon! :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nicely done. Subtle and appropriately weathered and stained.

Z

zak illingworth

Love the weathering. I will grow balls and attempt it at some point lol

D

dubster72

That looks excellent Bart, I really like that pale green colour. I bet masking such an irregular surface was a challenge ;)

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Very nice work, great pictures too. What's the next project then?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great build and painting, I think these Russian tanks look very menacing and yours really does look menacing

Thanks everyone, keeps me motivated:smiling3:

\ said:
Very nice work, great pictures too. What's the next project then?
At the moment there are two. Tamiya's Thunderbolt 1/48 and Trumpteres 1/700 USS Tuscaloosa.

Hope to finish them in May:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like the look of this one,very well done with the camo,and weathering looks great, ;)

S

Stevekir

A huge amount of detail, and the photography is excellent. Sharp and clear.