MENG's 6X6 U.S COUGAR MRAP VEHICLE

First Name
Adrian
I have to say I absolutely love MENG kits, everything you need is in the box, the parts fit perfectly and the instructions are very clear to understand.

I plan to make a diorama up with this as the centre piece, I've started the EOD team and support crew so It won't be too long before the scene is set.

I haven't weathered it too much as most picture references show them well maintained and very little wear and tear to the paint work. I used Vallejo Model Air and applied a couple of different oil washes, followed by a pigment scrub and sand pigments added to the lower parts.

007.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

Comments welcomed as always :smiling3:

Adrian

F

Fenlander

I just love this beast Adrian. The colour is spot on and, as you point out, no heavy weathering is needed in these. You have captured that dusty look really well and the whole thing looks heavy and solid. It will make a great centrepiece in a diorama and I look forward to seeing it sat in a scene.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great,Adrian,real like your finish,with the dusty look,

and suitable,weathering ,like the look a lot, ;)

First Name
Adrian
Thanks all for the great feedback, looking at the photos again I think the flash washes some of the detail away.

Should have it on display at Cosford for a proper look :smiling3:

Adrian

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Great finish, I wanted to run my tongue over my teeth to get rid of the fine grit just looking at it!!o_O:smiling3: ;)

S

Stevekir

A quality job, especially the finish. Presumably, the colour is sand for a vehicle used in the desert. When watching movies of the WWII N. African tank battles, every movement was trailed by a huge sand dust plume which, I imagine, gave the game away and made the camo. not much use for surprise attacks!