Mick's Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter MkIV

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Uh Oh,

Mick goes wing thingy, film on the 11pm news!!! I'm in to see you work your finery on this one Sir.....Looks like fun too!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I shall sit at the back and let the wingies indown the front .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Mick nice choice I’ll be building one myself after the banshee I’ll be following along to see how yours goes meanwhile I’ll be in the back with John to make sure your thread doesn’t get burnt down

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Finally got to start this build. I was a little apprehensive as the plastic seemed to have quite a brittle feel to it but the parts cut nicely and were easily trimmed and scraped where I needed to. First job was to remove some of the moulded detail from the cockpit ready for the Eduard upgrade.

c1.jpg

Then I removed the detail from the instrument panel ready to apply the new bits. First the part with the new dials on.

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Then the overlay with some pva added for the glass in the dials. Another couple of tiny pieces were also added but you cant really tell.

c4.jpg

I've also started to add some other bits like seats etc but now have to decide crew or not in the aircraft. I like that this can be displayed with the crew access doors open so might go for the parked up look with some figures standing outside. Thanks for looking in.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great office Mick!!! The figures look great and will really add to the whole scene if you do it. Do you get the dog in the set too???

I take it that you are the one in the yellow vest explaining, "At night, we have to be careful when taking off, or we could fly into a building or into some trees"

Prost
Allen

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice start mick , like the idea of the crew stood at the side, cheers tony