MiniArt Hoplite 1/16th

I

Icabod

I am spending some time finishing off some old started projects. This is no finished,or at least I am not doing any more to it. It is one of the MiniArt range of plastic figures, well priced and nice to paint. Can be a bit fiddly though. I have all three of the Ancient Greeks but I haven't quite finished the others yet. All were bought as a bundle on eBay several years ago and started as a mass build. The decals were awful so I copied and redrew them with a Serif draw program. Printed on to thick transfer paper, stuck on, painted over where necessary and the sealed with lots of Klear brushed on.

They were bought to paint in hotel rooms while working away. Mainly painted with Acryic base colour (Chromacolour) and cheap oil paints from discount stores. I can recommend the Chromacolour paints, very easy to use and mix and it doesn't leave brush marks. Metallic finish is Tamiya paint, oil paint and Klear.

I'll post the others when finished. Any comments, critics, hints or tips welcome.

View attachment 119191

View attachment 119192

View attachment 119193

MiniArt%20Greek1%204_zpssqeee3oo.jpg

MiniArt%20Greek1%205_zpsmshirpzj.jpg

MiniArtGreek1%204_zpszss6ndwr.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Wow...... That is a cracking job. An excellent clea finish. Well deserving a "Great Build".

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That looks superb I like it , I have a miniart hoplite figure but it looks different to this one but if it turns out half as good as this I'll be pleased :smiling3:

D

dougie

cracking work, love how well painted it is and the base has a nice mottled finish too. looks ace

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic work. He looks convincing, nicely done.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice!!!

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
he looks superb,real like the muscle tone and colors and his gear is great looking

with the tones from dark to light with the high lite as well,top job, :D

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That is an excellent hoplite. You've done very well with the shield markings as the Miniart decals are pretty awful as you say.

Great build and looking forward to seeing the other 2.

Cheers

Paul