My first 1/35 2nd SS panzer infantry

First Name
Robert
hi chaps I'm calling this one done and have posted pics to show him off and of course for the comments ( I still have 7 to go) they will all be in my diorama of Ardennes Assault.

Had a few probs with the paint to begin with but then after some helpful advice and a few new Vallejo paints and primer etc I think I'm pleased with this he took 7 hours from start to Finnish to paint ( drying time etc ) hope you like View attachment 106223

View attachment 106224

View attachment 106225

View attachment 106226

View attachment 106227

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work on those figures, like them.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Nice work on those figures, like them.
Si:smiling3:
Thanks Si the tri colour jacket was quite hard to get right then I had smudges on the face to deal with but eventually got there, the other 7 are coming along nicely but takes time to paint by hand and to be honest this is the first time I've attempted figs for a diorama but I've seen the excellent work that goes into builds here I thought I'll dedicate a day off to get the figs done. My wife is bringing me the odd cuppa now and then.( bless)

Onwards ... Cc

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work Alan ,i do remember these guys,

see your faces are getting better as well showing more detail that before,

its a bit tricky the 1st time doing the tri color camo i found,after the 1st ones its not so bad,

L

Laurie

Nice work Robert. Like the shading also the boots and tools which have come out well.

Not so sure on the colour of those fingers and thumb. Perhaps a touch of burnt sienna to darken down the pink. :smiling3:

Laurie

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Nice work Robert. Like the shading also the boots and tools which have come out well.
Not so sure on the colour of those fingers and thumb. Perhaps a touch of burnt sienna to darken down the pink. :smiling3:

Laurie
Thank you laurie for the comment ( never thought of that ans I know I have a selection of Sienna's ( never thought that )

Thanks

Robert

L

Laurie

Just in case my silly remark was to seriously put I meant your own fingers and thumb Robert.

Laurie

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superb Job Robert ......... I have some figures to do for my dio .......... If mine turn out as good I'll be happy.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Just in case my silly remark was to seriously put I meant your own fingers and thumb Robert.
Laurie
Oh Laurie got it first time but I have on my forefinger and thumb a touch of Khaki, 3 shades of face paint and a gunmetal little finger as I was cleaning my brushes ( Siena was stained on my other hand

First Name
Richard
Don't hit me,

I come in peace,

Robert,

first of I am not a great figure painter, but if I may, I would like to comment on the figure but in a constructive way,

1 if you have painted the base color try to darken the lower parts a little to create shadows,

2 put a little flesh tone in the base color and paint the higher parts to create your highlight.

3 try to outline the uniform with some dark tones to create depth.

4 My first figure wasn't half that good.

here is the link of my Market Garden build were there are some figurines hope it helps wen it is not clear what i mean;)

Hope this helps

Cheers Richi

First Name
Robert
Great help and thanks for the constructive critism ( it's all trial and error I'll touch up the soldier and take your advice on board

Thanks Robert

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Don't hit me,
I come in peace,

Robert,

first of I am not a great figure painter, but if I may, I would like to comment on the figure but in a constructive way,

1 if you have painted the base color try to darken the lower parts a little to create shadows,

2 put a little flesh tone in the base color and paint the higher parts to create your highlight.

3 try to outline the uniform with some dark tones to create depth.

4 My first figure wasn't half that good.

here is the link of my Market Garden build were there are some figurines hope it helps wen it is not clear what i mean;)

Hope this helps

Cheers Richi
Hi Richi

It's amazing you do your research you do your prep and you do your best when it comes to painting but then a set of paints ( Vallejo WAffen SS Camoflage comes through the door which I ordered a few weeks ago along with other val paints and this camo set comes with instructions of how to obtain the WAffen SS camo step by step ( my first attempt is lacking a lot )

Looked at your link and you are some modeller and I'm no where near in your class ( that's not just high praise I'm not in the same league.................... Yet your figs are fantastic and the facials you've done too are brill. This is what came in the post today so I'm back to the drawing board not defeated but delayed a little but it's about getting it right isn't it, it's about learning and learning more skills each time ( ps the wife says another set of paints) so now I got to calm her down!! But il admit I'm learning a lot of useful tips and will accept any more advice

View attachment 106275

Regards Robert
image.jpg