My first build in 22 years...be gentle with me...

D

Danny

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, this is incredible work Danny. I'm not sure you have anything to fear in the way of criticism, not only does your 109 look fantastic but the figures are brilliantly painted and the scene is well laid out. Top work, and what a fantastic return to the hobby!

D

Danny

Thank you so much for your kind words Joe, really appreciated...I think my apprehension about showing the build is based on a 30 year gap from when I last used my sign writing brushes....Air brush arrives tomorrow, so onwards and upwards..

Regards Danny

O

Oily

Very nice Danny,I too have just returned to modelling after a 30yr gap.I treated myself to an airbrush too,what model did you go for?

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
that is a top class job indeed .. we have one of these in the johannesburg war musuem .. yr's looks a dead ringer for it .. very good job all round .. cheers .. lindsey

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That is a great start Danny. As Joe says you've created a interesting little set piece and given the model a bit of life.

Well done and 5 stars sir

Tony.

First Name
Michael
Hi Danny, looks like you've not lost any of your brush skills this is fantastic work. Not only is your modelling great but the scene is very well composed too. M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
One excellent 109 Danny and placed in a very nice little setting. spot on.....just one little niggle, don't you dare go over to an A/B, stay with us brush hands!

Cheers,

Ron

T

tecdes

Great start Danny.

No go A/B Danny. (Apologies Ron).

But Danny an airbrush is great but needs a lot and more practice. Get a couple of large plastic drink bottles & just go for it to find out what an A/B can do for you. Been using one for 2 years & thought I had cracked it after a week. Still get the plastic bottles out on occasion & blast away, gently that is, & still learning all the time. Recomend acrylics to begin with as they are so much easier to start with. Branch out with enamels to find your niche after mastering the fundamentals of air brushing. I started vice versa & got into massive problems.

But the that may be me.

Laurie

PS what type of sheep are they Danny ?

D

Danny

Thanks for taking the time to view and comment. When I look at some of you guys gallery`s Im humbled you view the build so highly. Ron, I might just use the AB for body art in the studio

Last edited:
D

Danny

Hi laurie....I tracked that sheep for 5 weeks at a place called "The carrick Hills" in Ayr...Eventually managed to capture a pic of it on 1st April, 2009. Apparently 2 headed sheep are not so well known in our area..

Danny

M

Mustang69

Really Nice. I really like that you've added the Antenna wires.

And yes please stay with us hand brush guys :smiling3:

C

CDW

Thats fantastic Danny, great little paint job on all of it.

I'm with Ron and Frikkie ..... stay with the hairy stick ..... our little club needs more members :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

mobear

Hairy stick hairy stick lets all use a hairy stick lol,fantastic model and figures really cool at how you can pose them in different ways,5*s from me also

mobear

D

Danny

Hi Darren, sorry missed replying to your post...I bought the AB602 complete airbrush Deal (Cheap & Cheerfull, I expect to be doing most of my work by brush anyway)...Just arrived, first impressions are that its seems to be well built.. I will have a play with it later and let you know what I think..

Regards Danny

T

tecdes

\ said:
Hi laurie....I tracked that sheep for 5 weeks at a place called "The carrick Hills" in Ayr...Eventually managed to capture a pic of it on 1st April, 2009. Apparently 2 headed sheep are not so well known in our area..Danny
O yea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful work there Danny. ***** from me too.

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
....Save the AB for body paint in the studio...... OK you got my attention lol

That is one very tidy bit of work. Nice one.

Two headed sheep... I can see more practicalities in eight legged ones. Just think of all those legs of lamb...Hmmmm.

Ian M