My first diorama. to go with my first model

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good to me very well done so far, ;)

and the tree in the corner looks great

if i may say some think ,just run some wheel tracks in the same color up onto the wood,

so you can see how its been pushed back onto the base area,

First Name
Richard
Nice work so far

cant wait to see how this will turn out.

Cheers Richi

First Name
Richard
Don't give up mate,

It looks good from the pics. As for stones paint them gray and then you paint them with a black wash and after they are dry a little drybrusching with white.

Cheers Richi

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks very good to me and as both Richi ,Tommy say as well,

dont give in ,its your 1st dio, and is looking great, and looking

forward to seeing more, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good to me. Once you work out the wash on the rocks and get things to stick properly this is going to look great.,

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Don't hard on yourself, it looks pretty good to me. To trees, paintbrush bristles for reeds etc always drill a small hole and fasten in that way, makes it alot easier.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just to add, I tend to use a strong superglue or contact adhesive for trees, rock etc, even silicone sealant has been use in the past. For grass I use PVA, brush it on and then springle or even dab on using tweezers especially around trees etc to show clumping.

This picture of my Bate mansion in 1/72 shows trees etc I used the same techniques described.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks excellent from where I'm sitting! Don't know what your 'rocks' are made from but this might help:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=model railway scenery&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=9C3A43CE5F99D801968C9C3A43CE5F99D801968C

Gern

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You shouldn't have had an issue using them, try some polystyrene chunks-just shape and then paint in acrylics. I use real stones and attach using sealant-they don't move then.

F

fuma

For your first model and dio these is a sterling effort!!!! Don't be afraid to try the suggestions that have been posted.

Most of all don't give up..

Keep going!!!!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I might suggest swapping the car and the gun/trailer. I think the extra details of the gun and trailer (compared to the smooth car) opposite the tree detail will balance it a little better - plus I don't believe they'd put an AA gun so close to a tree 'cos it cuts down the firing angles too much.

Apart from that, which is only my opinion, this looks great so far!

First Name
Richard
That looks nice.

For the Camo netting make a diluted wash of green or brown, then lay it over the place you want it to be, it looks very different then the white, and your tarp, put some plastic foil on the place where the tarp should go, and then put on the papertischu and after that gently wet the papertischu with diluted pva glue let it dry for 24 hours and then another layer of pva. After that is dry you can take it off and can take off the plastic foil and you will have a stable and stiff tarp.

Hope its a little clear what I said.:rolleyes:

Cheers Richi

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
I think you're being ridiculously hard on yourself it looks great to me, ALL OF IT.
i do agree with Ken, you are being far to hard on your shelf the advice and info from Gern/Richi,, is what i would say as well, ;)

looks great to me, :smiling3: