Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its a good kit in a scale that is easier to work on and the right colour to boot.

Take your time and ask if in doubt. its not a race, I am sure a helpful sole will come and help.

Ian M

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Good luck Paul,

A great choice for a first build it may be an old kit re packaged but it builds up to a fair representation of the real thing, I am just coming to the end of building tamiya;s churchill crocodile with the eduard etch set and it was my return build after 30 years but a build I have thoroughly enjoyed I will post pics as and when I've sourced a camera. Take your time and enjoy it.

all the best Jim

N

noble

Good luck, you've chosen a quality kit here you shouldn't have too many problems.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good luck Paul, it'll be a breeze.

Don't worry what others might think of the end result. You'll always get fair and helpful advise. Just have fun.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Good Luck with the build.............. As Ian & Ron said. It's not a race and don't feel pressured by some of the stuff on here ...... A bit of patience and time is all that's needed ............ The main thing is to enjoy building it........... and anything you need to know or aren't sure about?? Just ask ......... There is a friendly bunch on here, always happy to help out....... So, "Crack on" ......... I'll look forward to following your progress on here.

Peter

P

Pkdrew01

Cheers guys.

I am amazed how detailed all the parts are. Had a good read through of the instructions, put the kids to bed then had a slow and steady hour or so building. The tip someone gave me the other day about placing the parts together dry before glueing to make sure they fit nice and snug is a really good idea.

The headlights at the front are so tiny and fiddly,(may have put a smidge too much glue) but for the first little section of my first build I'm really happy.

Will upload afew pics when I've got a little further.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul,

Obviously be as careful as you can with the amount of glue but there are numerous clean up techniques you can use o clean your model up, the tip of your craft knife scraping away from the small part to purchasing a fibreglass pencil that works similarly to very fine sandpaper. The more of other peoples build the more techniques you will become aware of.

regards Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
The headlights at the front are so tiny and fiddly.
Paul, beware that most awful of creatures.....The Carpet Monster. This lives at floor level and without warning will attack you. This normally occurs when you use tweezers and have 'grasped' a small piece of plastic in them. It can also swallow whole, a part that you would never believe could just simply vanish by just a second's ham fistedness allowing the said bit to hit the floor, never to be seen again......

You think it won't happen to you...rest assured it will. There is no known method of preventing this mysterious, never seen creature from striking at will, so beware!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Paul, beware that most awful of creatures.....The Carpet Monster. This lives at floor level and without warning will attack you. This normally occurs when you use tweezers and have 'grasped' a small piece of plastic in them. It can also swallow whole, a part that you would never believe could just simply vanish by just a second's ham fistedness allowing the said bit to hit the floor, never to be seen again......
You think it won't happen to you...rest assured it will. There is no known method of preventing this mysterious, never seen creature from striking at will, so beware!
Oh ! Don't worry, hell know it's been "found" when he hears it sucked up the VAC !:eek::oops:

C

chris2681

Good Idea to start with a Tamiya kit, they are the best kits imo. They always fit together perfect and are highly detailed finished products.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one, good luck, enjoy it and show us your progress as you go.