My first ever build. Wish me luck!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good luck, sure you will be fine and remember 'Slowly, slowly catchee monkey' .Post up some pics, love a good photo :smiling3:

First Name
Neil
Aw, looking at that shiny clean cutting mat! :D

Doing a nice clean looking job there, patience they say is a virtue (so I fail there too!)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far Paul,very good start, ;)

B

bugsaint

Nice clean build. You're mat is like mine - spotless.

Hope you're enjoying it.

J

John Rixon

I'm just coming to the end of building one of these. It's been a total pleasure and only my second full build. Am in the later stages of weathering it, and it has loads of nooks and crannies to get dirt, oil and other detritus in. There were no issues in the build, a little bit of flash here and there, but a doddle to clean off. Lots of wheels though! Have fun with this!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
looks Great! I see you have no issues with building. Just a tip or two if I may, as you get a few builds under your belt you will find that at times its easier to do some pre - painting as you go along with you build, especially on those hard to reach areas later on, also little tools and other brick-a-brack supplied with kit can be painted while still on the trees and added when " finishing" so they don't get in the way of finishing and weathering your vehicle itself. Hope this is helpful advice. Always at your service Jim ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Aw, looking at that shiny clean cutting mat! :D/QUOTE]
My cutting mat is a disaster area :rolleyes:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Good Stuff Paul .... This is going to be a great build.

Peter

T

tommy1drop

Great start, this is coming along nicely mate, looking forward to the next update;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Great stuff mate keep it up as has been said slow and steady, and yes you will find it easier on future builds to paint a few bits before attaching and doing the camo before attaching tools and such, but you are doing a really great job as a first build.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Remember to have fun and enjoy the build. :smiling3:

Good start! :D

L

Laurie

Well done Paul. The first is the most difficult as there are so many techniques to learn. But every one worth it and the time taken to achieve.

I find it is a good idea to spend a little time practising a technique especially the paint work. Pays great dividends.

I remember my first and it stands proud (but not very good) amongst all the others.

Not built a tank, yet, but any help with what to do and you are surrounded by many helpers.

Laurie

First Name
Gregg
Looking good, and the photo's look OK to me.

Gregg

L

Lady Phoenix

If this is your first build then it's not luck you need, its conventions you need to show off your great work

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Paul, beware that most awful of creatures.....The Carpet Monster. This lives at floor level and without warning will attack you. This normally occurs when you use tweezers and have 'grasped' a small piece of plastic in them. It can also swallow whole, a part that you would never believe could just simply vanish by just a second's ham fistedness allowing the said bit to hit the floor, never to be seen again......
You think it won't happen to you...rest assured it will. There is no known method of preventing this mysterious, never seen creature from striking at will, so beware!
And it's such a prolific breeder. Most human dwellings appear to be afflicted by the pest.

P

Pkdrew01

Thanks for the comments guys.

I have done quite a bit more on the model now. Not really had much time lately, but will post the pics up when I get a spare minute. I'm really enjoying it and I'm happy considering it's the first one. Been researching different techniques over the last few days as this first model only stretches from a bit of pre shading to mud splatter. Any ideas which techniques I should look into with more detail?