My first ever build. Wish me luck!

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Thanks for the comments guys.
I have done quite a bit more on the model now. Not really had much time lately, but will post the pics up when I get a spare minute. I'm really enjoying it and I'm happy considering it's the first one. Been researching different techniques over the last few days as this first model only stretches from a bit of pre shading to mud splatter. Any ideas which techniques I should look into with more detail?
Hi Paul,

Glad you are seeing some progress and enjoying it............ Mud is always a good one .......... and a bit of rust here and there......

Peter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This is looking nice and tidy. Well done so far Paul

Ian M

P

Pkdrew01

Thanks for the comments guys. Nearly finished it now. Just finishing off the figures and the last few touches to the tank and I will get the pics up

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Thanks for the comments guys.
I have done quite a bit more on the model now. Not really had much time lately, but will post the pics up when I get a spare minute. I'm really enjoying it and I'm happy considering it's the first one. Been researching different techniques over the last few days as this first model only stretches from a bit of pre shading to mud splatter. Any ideas which techniques I should look into with more detail?
Hey Paul, dark washing and dry brushing will bring out all those nooks and crannies, it's a bit of a process but once you got it down pat there will be no stopping you! Look up my "Duster AASPG" in completed armored vehicles. in the thread you will find a short but to the point tutorial on the subject which I think you will find informative

P

Pkdrew01

Grumpa, that build is amazing! that is a completely different league to my my Churchill. I defo need to put some more work into my build lol

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Grumpa, that build is amazing! that is a completely different league to my my Churchill. I defo need to put some more work into my build lol
Even Rome wasn't built in a day, just stay at it. Keep looking ,asking and learning. I'm always at a young tankers disposal :smiling3: Cheers Jim...