My little stocking filler - Revell Micro-wings Stuka!

First Name
Dave
Nice build.Good luck with the plunge moulding.You shouldn't have too much trouble making a canopy that size.Just need to experiment with different thicknesses of clear plastic and you will eventually make a good one.

B

Bubba

\ said:
Nice build.Good luck with the plunge moulding.You shouldn't have too much trouble making a canopy that size.Just need to experiment with different thicknesses of clear plastic and you will eventually make a good one.
Thanks!

I've had my first go at it, and this is the result of my second attempt. I think I can make a better one with a tighter die, so that the plastic is pulled closer to the sides of the mould to pick up the shape detail I've put there, but this is VERY encouraging!

M

m1ks

Superb, haven're seen the micro wings series, I really like the sweet 144th scale so will have to have a look for those. Great job on the paint.

B

Bubba

Finished canopy. I think it looks better, but I struggled with the brush painting. I can definitely paint finer than that, but the brush tip just wasn't having it, for some reason. :mad:

I do think it looks better, though. :smiling3:

M

mobear

i think it looks alot better than he original canopy,pretty well done mate

mobear

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great - it's like a model plane, only smaller !