New base for something , haven't decided yet!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
View attachment 68535

I have a 1/35 tamiya hanomag and panzer IV , some German military police and the hanomag comes with five battle crew so I'm a bit undecided , checkpoint or combat setting .

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I would go with a troop movement through a check point, the 'chain-dogs' (German military police) looking for deserters. Don't forget to add your super poles and wire to stop folk sneaking around.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well I've decided to do the hanomag first and it's crew , the military police thing would be a great idea but all the figures are just standing around so it's difficult to do them searching for someone a nd the hanomag crew are all slumped over as if dodging bullets.

Great idea though

P

Polux

Very nice base Alan!

What about a winter scene.... Do a snow effect and withe camo is very fun, and learns a lot (I say for experience).

Take a look at the diorama "winter patrol 1943" (don't think wrong...it's mine, but is a good example, it's very similar at your base)

Cheers

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Bit too advanced for me at the moment polux , I might try that on a smaller scale first before I try in the 1/35-1/32 scale.

It is a good idea though mate

N

noble

How about a lot of germans sitting around relaxing after combat, add you millitary police in there, weather up your vehicles.and you are onto somthing.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
How about a lot of germans sitting around relaxing after combat, add you millitary police in there, weather up your vehicles.and you are onto somthing.scott
I like that idea but I doubt I've got the room for it here's a pick of show how much space I've got to work with View attachment 68573

image.jpg

P

Polux

And what about some nice tree and a sidewalk on the front part of the diorama?

Will look with more 'dimension'....

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
And what about some nice tree and a sidewalk on the front part of the diorama?Will look with more 'dimension'....
I haven't been able to find anything suitable for a pavement so just went with a town square sort of feel , I might put a street light there to give it a bit extra without taking much room :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
I haven't been able to find anything suitable for a pavement so just went with a town square sort of feel , I might put a street light there to give it a bit extra without taking much room :smiling3:
Nice idea Alan!

Just keep the pics comming. I will follow this one with interest! ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Hanomag now finished what do you think of the tree?

I do have some more hedge stuff I could add and I could make a little crooked fence. View attachment 68605

image.jpg

N

noble

What about having the hanomag more toward the front of the base and have it at an angle the the empty area in front of the building you could put what you want figure wise and have enough room.

scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i like how thats going together

are you going to have some troops debussing from the hanomag?,....trying to get to the doorway to take cover?

is the bit of building from Miniart?....got one of those and scared stiff to start it lol

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
i like how thats going togetherare you going to have some troops debussing from the hanomag?,....trying to get to the doorway to take cover?

is the bit of building from Miniart?....got one of those and scared stiff to start it lol
Cheers , I am adding more troops and the best part about it is they all look like their ducking for cove or attacking :smiling3: it not mini art this one is italieri and I got it from the shop on here, it should of been a house corner but I just stuck it together so it made a wall :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
the base looks superb i would get some dirt or leaves to put at the base of the building or even rubble...not knocking your work

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm thinking along those same lines :smiling3: this has turned into an underconstruction piece without realising it. , I'm thinking of cutting the branches off that tree and using it as weeds with a bit of clutter on the deck for a more realistic look.

Thanks for your opinions :smiling3:

N

noble

Hi Alan yep that looks much better haveing the hanomag at that angle puts a little action into the base without anything else being there. nice idea on the figures disembarking adds more action and exciment if that is indeed what you are going for, but a soilders at rest would also work well here too. You could also add 2 czch hedgehogs or some barbed wire here too... hope you don't mind the suggestions.

scott