New Brush & Compressor.

D

delmonteman

Got this through the post on Tuesday. Gave it a good play with yesterday and I'm very impressed. Compressors nice & quiet & brushes have a nice feel to them. Very well put together & feel more expensive than they were. Of course, it may all break within a fortnight..............

AIRBRUSH KIT/ AS18 COMPRESSOR + 2 X AIRBRUSH + HOSE + on eBay (end time 27-Jun-10 23:33:15 BST)

B

bikerbart

For that sort of money looks like you may have a bit of a bargin there Gav. Keep us informed of how it goes, look forward to seeing some nice results on the models with it bud. :smiling:

D

dacons

been looking at this myself so id be interested to hear what you think.

D

Dingbat

I bought one just before Christmas and use it quite often and can say it is a very good kit.Okay it is not a big brand name but for the money it is good enough to get to learn the basics. One thing that is not included but would recommend is a water trap between the compressor and the gun i find it is a must. They can be also be found on ebay for a couple of pounds.

D

delmonteman

It's all going fine. Still WELL impressed. I can't see how I could have done better for the money.

M

m1ks

This is exactly the same setup I bought, possibly even the same seller, not sure will have to check.

I tend to use the siphon feed one for Klear coating and the gravity feed for everything else, have sprayed Enamel and Acrylics through and it's been fine, haven't tried Alclad as I was unsure if the seals are up to the job but just gotten a new AB which has teflon seals etc, am still using the old un but you can feel the quality difference, though for the money it's unbeatable.

Only problem i've found so far is getting spares is a bit of a gamble, recently had to get a new needle and nozzle as i'd somehow bent the needle tip, tried a pair of Iwata ones which are too thick and managed to get a 'generic' chinese set, the needles OK but the nozzles leaking so awaiting a replacement nozzle, old ones doing the deed currently, oh well.

S

sniperiain

that looks AWSOME value for money. im only a kid and cant afford much for modeling, so that looks perfect!

i might save up some pennies tbh.

B

Blacklisted

I have he exact same model too, its been working pretty well.

D

dead-mans-click

i have this one to and its brillient, cant grumble for the price

M

msm2

How is the compressor going as I am about to buy one in the next few days?

Tony..

D

delmonteman

Actually, scrap that. I have been having a bit of trouble recently. Been getting some spatter when painting. I'll start spraying with the trigger pulled halfway back and it'll spray fine for a couple of seconds, then paint will just stop coming out. If I pull it right back, it sprays OK but get a load of spatter. I thought I'd just got a build up of paint in the brush, so gave it a good clean and tried the other one that came with the compressor but the same happened. When I lost my temper (doesn't take long) & pulled the 'brush off a few drops of water flew out of the airline. Could water be getting past the filter & screwing it up? If so, any bright ideas? I'm just finishing my first "airbrushed" model & I'm well impressed with the finish, I just don't want to screw it up now with a load of unsightly spattering.

M

msm2

I hope today my new compressor turns up with 2 airbrushes.Hears van,looks out window,erm a scrappy van. More coffee,feel like kiddie in a big toy shop.

Tony..

D

delmonteman

I hate that feeling. Looking out the window for the "van man" all the time.

M

msm2

Darn I missed it while taking kids to school. Delivery tomorrow now :sad:

Tony..

D

delmonteman

Ooh! Somebody's in for a shouting at tomorrow. Ordered the filter last Wed night. Paid for "next day" delivery. Got it today! When I say got it, I mean I got something. They've sent me a regulator! Can't beat starting your day having a go at someone........

M

msm2

I would ask for some compo when you talk to them,sounds like bad service to me.

Tony..

Last edited: