New little dio

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Alan, superb dio mate, really nice looking, not over cluttered just a sense of a normal street except the chain-dogs and the barricade and "Your papers please!" Ringing out.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Oh yeah one more thing is the cracks in the pavement, I've tried putty and pva but its too uneven for those it makes them look flat at the join so going to have to hide them somehow

N

noble

Hi Alan mate great job so far nice paint work,if you want to get rid of those cracks try squadron white putty mixed with cellulose thinners, what you get is almost liquid filler then whilst it is drying take the edge of a ruler and gently run it along the gap to get your cobble line back. The alternative is apply some pva and water over part of the gap and add some silt( filtered dirt).

scott

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, this looks stunning. I think an MG post will be a nice touch. And yes, it does look rather eerie in the night :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Wow, this looks stunning. I think an MG post will be a nice touch. And yes, it does look rather eerie in the night :smiling3:
Cheers Joe, the only thing I'm worried about with an MG post is if it will look too crowded at one end, I'll see what it looks like when I've built the rest of the stuff and decide what too do then :smiling3:

N

noble

Alan, this is looking really good the Mg42 post would be a nice touch and it does look cool as a night time scene. It would be interesting if you lit up the lamps for that added touch maybe even add a civilian or two or even a kubel wagen with driver and passengers coming back to barracks after a night out, going along with the papers please idea. As a thought if you don't mind, try to move your light source back and up a bit higher so it covers a little more of the street and looks like natural moonlight, but the light really picks out that excellent paint job you did on the cobbles and the walls of the buildings..... yes love it keep it coming.

scott

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan, this is looking really good the Mg42 post would be a nice touch and it does look cool as a night time scene. It would be interesting if you lit up the lamps for that added touch maybe even add a civilian or two or even a kubel wagen with driver and passengers coming back to barracks after a night out, going along with the papers please idea. As a thought if you don't mind, try to move your light source back and up a bit higher so it covers a little more of the street and looks like natural moonlight, but the light really picks out that excellent paint job you did on the cobbles and the walls of the buildings..... yes love it keep it coming.scott
Cheers Scott

I am looking into leds for the lamps but the civilian idea was something I looked into at the beginning but have been unable to find any in this scale and my scratch building skills are zero , I do have a kublewagon but the figures are Africa courps so I can't use them

0ne48thtel

It's looking good so far the dog look really good. If this turns out as good as your Hanomag build it will be a winner.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Night pictures make it look really good. You expect a Partisan to be scuttling around trying to evade capture. I think the MG nest would work, maybe there has been trouble before at that point hence the chain-dogs, barricades and MG nest. Like you said, a dio has to tell a story so maybe too much detail may not work. I like where this is going though, loads of scope to add or take things away, the detailing looks great on the street scene, the slight rubble, the lamppost looks super, however I wouldn't bother lighting them, the buildings have been bombed or shelled the chances that the lights would be working are 5% plus with black out restrictions in force they wouldn't be on anyway...just terrific.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys

Si good point about the blackout :smiling3: mind you I have got an led lamp on a tall bendy wire I can adjust to get a simulation of moonlight :smiling3:

N

noble

Hi Alan prieser and masterbox do civilian figures as for the kubalwagon all you need is an officer in the back seat.

This is looking really good so far.

Scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan prieser and masterbox do civilian figures as for the kubalwagon all you need is an officer in the back seat.This is looking really good so far.

Scott
Cheers Scott I'll check them out:smiling3: ,I do have an officer but his hat is weird and it has goggles on it lol oh and he's standing up, I'll see if I can cut him up:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Nice Alan. Did you use a decal set for the figures? If yes what set? They look awesome.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Nice Alan. Did you use a decal set for the figures? If yes what set? They look awesome.
No I didn't Aaron they are all hand painted but you can get them it says on the box "use 1/35 WWII german military insignia decal set (Africa corps/Waffen ss item 12641) hope this helps oh and thank you :smiling3: